Timeshare Companies

Vallarta Gardens in Punta Mita (Nuevo Vallarta Area)

Sep 06, 2012

Has anyone purchased from Joe Potter at Vallarta Gardens? I bought a "residence club membership" from Joe Potter and he promised the company would buy back my other time shares and also provide rental income by renting out the unit at . He did a classic bait and switch where the company that provided a guaranteed sale price in 300 days was another company. The compliance officer said they don't use that company as referenced in the small print one of the many documents I signed. Joe, the company salesman also sold an annuity from Swiss Alliance Group. Talked to the compliance officer, Cynthia Gonzales, and she said she was going to have the onsite Swiss Alliance Group person discuss it with me. No emails or messages so far. I asked for a policy number and nothing. Joe also said the company uses Remax and Stewart Title, yet when I signed the documents I didn't see any reference to either one. Joe knew I work in Afghanistan where it is very dangerous and he said he was a veteran as well. Yet he gave a very warm and sincere perception that was all a lie. no emails or responses from him. He and Vallarta Gardens got their money and are looking for more "members". Be very careful. They're coming up with new ways to get "members".

B A.
Jan 20, 2014

We invite you to contact Member Services for more information. US 855-3253-58-59 can: 855-267-8963 ext 123

Regards.

Vallarta G.
Aug 16, 2022

Hello, My name is Kathleen Stillman. I too have fallen prey to the buyback of your other timeshares scam Vallarta Gardens has been running. I have contacted a Mexican legal firm that has handled similar scams in the past. I will be talking with one of the attorneys tomorrow and will be requesting a class action lawsuit against VG if I can get others to join me. I do not know yet if they work on contingency or if not, what the costs will be. If you have any interest in joining the suit, please let me know.

Thank you, Kathleen

Kathleen S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Aug 16, 2022 09:43 PM

Oct 13, 2023

Kathleen, Have you had any success in pursuing action against Vallarta Gardens? I am interested because I believe my wife and I am being scammed by VG.

Thank you, Jesse

kathleens206 wrote:
Hello, My name is Kathleen Stillman. I too have fallen prey to the buyback of your other timeshares scam Vallarta Gardens has been running. I have contacted a Mexican legal firm that has handled similar scams in the past. I will be talking with one of the attorneys tomorrow and will be requesting a class action lawsuit against VG if I can get others to join me. I do not know yet if they work on contingency or if not, what the costs will be. If you have any interest in joining the suit, please let me know.

Thank you, Kathleen

Jesse T.
Oct 19, 2023

Unfortunately, my husband and I also fell prey to Vallarta Gardens and Gareth Grieve. We were told that they would "buy" our Vidanta timeshare and that all we had to pay was $17,500 which we would get reimbursed for in 180 days. They then proceeded to open a "Barclays' Bank credit card to pay the amount with no interest for 180 days. We thought it was a no brainer. In addition, they would buy back our weeks every year for $2,000 per week, which from what I'm reading from everyone else, will probably never happen. We contacted Capital Marketing Distribution System who was supposed to be handling the "settlement" and who was supposed to be sending us our distribution money by September 27, 2023. When I contacted them they claimed that there would be a check forthcoming. However, two days later I received this e-mail from them..

"The transaction was processed, and disbursing your proceeds has generated a tax requirement of 41% (25% ISR & 16% IVA) by local authorities. Authorities waive this requirement when you maintain the property for a year, generating a digital invoice CFDI for exemption. The local tax office certifies invoices after 60-90 days of complying with holding the property for one year. We hired financial advisors to work the necessary procedures, absorb all expenses, and aim for you to receive the full payment without deductions or out-of-pocket expenses no later than May 22, 2024."

So now, we have to wait another 8 months just to find out IF we're going to get our money. I'm at a loss here, because we're going to have to start paying interest on that credit card. And SHAME ON YOU BARCLAY'S BANK for participating in this SCAM. I trusted the name Barclay's Bank since we've had dealing with them prior to this over the years. NEVER again. And Capital Marketing Distribution System seems to be some kind of ghost company who is using this as an excuse to NOT send the distribution money owed to consumers.

Rosemary S.
Oct 19, 2023

Unfortunately, my husband and I also fell prey to Vallarta Gardens and Gareth Grieve. We were told that they would "buy" our Vidanta timeshare and that all we had to pay was $17,500 which we would get reimbursed for in 180 days. They then proceeded to open a "Barclays' Bank credit card to pay the amount with no interest for 180 days. We thought it was a no brainer. In addition, they would buy back our weeks every year for $2,000 per week, which from what I'm reading from everyone else, will probably never happen. We contacted Capital Marketing Distribution System who was supposed to be handling the "settlement" and who was supposed to be sending us our distribution money by September 27, 2023. When I contacted them they claimed that there would be a check forthcoming. However, two days later I received this e-mail from them..

"The transaction was processed, and disbursing your proceeds has generated a tax requirement of 41% (25% ISR & 16% IVA) by local authorities. Authorities waive this requirement when you maintain the property for a year, generating a digital invoice CFDI for exemption. The local tax office certifies invoices after 60-90 days of complying with holding the property for one year. We hired financial advisors to work the necessary procedures, absorb all expenses, and aim for you to receive the full payment without deductions or out-of-pocket expenses no later than May 22, 2024."

So now, we have to wait another 8 months just to find out IF we're going to get our money. I'm at a loss here, because we're going to have to start paying interest on that credit card. And SHAME ON YOU BARCLAY'S BANK for participating in this SCAM. I trusted the name Barclay's Bank since we've had dealing with them prior to this over the years. NEVER again. And Capital Marketing Distribution System seems to be some kind of ghost company who is using this as an excuse to NOT send the distribution money owed to consumers.

Rosemary S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.