Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations - Mexico

Sep 14, 2012

Was sold a vacation ownership (3 weeks per year - Cost to use each week is $1049 per year) at the Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta, or Sister Resorts. I paid $78,000. They took my 2 Las Vegas 1-bedroom properties in on trade (they valued them at $32,000 total), plus demanded cash down in the amt. of $13,770 which I put on my credit card. The traded properties were not mentioned in my purchase contract, but I rec'd 2 "vacation Trade Agreements showing that Global Vacation Trade, Miami Fla. would be responsible for taking these out of my name at a cost of $425 each, and I must pay the $1000 maint. fees as it takes 4 months to transfer.

I have since found these same Grand Mayan units = in the same Red week period for as low as $10,000 and know I have been scammed ! Any advise or information on this group? I am considering canceling, which they said they would do, but they will not refund my cash down payment.

Shirley S.
Sep 14, 2012

If I were you I would cancel and cut my losses. Unfortunately you waited past the recission period. The damage is already done and now you might be able to minimize your loss. They promise you the world to sign on the dotted line and anything they verbally promise you is invalid. The only thing that matters is what is written in the binding contract that you signed. What is done is done. Consider what is best for your situation and good luck.

Don P.
Sep 27, 2012

My issue with Vida Vacations has been satisfactorily resolved.

Shirley S.
Sep 26, 2015

Hello shirleys204, how was this resolved for you? I am in the same situation!

shirleys204 wrote:
My issue with Vida Vacations has been satisfactorily resolved.

Laura B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.