Point Systems

point timeshare help with holiday inn club vacations.

Oct 04, 2012

Here is the situation; does anyone know any benefits from owning points through holiday inn vacation club in las Vegas. We owned a week at the original summer's bay through rci points. Our unit was worth 53,000 points and we paid 10,000 dollars. We never had any problems and have traded anywhere without issue. Recently holiday in vacatin club purchased the resort. On a recent trip they spoke to my wife about buying in to their holiday inn club. They said if we did not we would only be locked into one week a year during a particular season when we had never had this issue before we could always trade whenever we wanted. They old her that theatrics was 30,000 but since we already owned their they would take that as a trade in somewhat and only charge us 20,000 dollars. They told my wife that we would have enough points for three weeks worth of stay and all this priority club stuff where we could earn flights and all theirs crap. They also said that we could still trade through rci and would have 89,000 points. And 169,000 holiday club points. Anyways she purchased and when I saw the packet I realized that we are paying 20 grand for 36,000 more rci points than we already had. And I checked their point system and to stay at the desert club 1 week would use all our points. I feel like we got ripped off, what do you guys think. And is there any way out.

Pablo M.

Last edited by pablom19 on Oct 04, 2012 07:32 PM

Oct 05, 2012

I don't know the Holiday Inn Points System, but if you were satisfied with what you had before and the trades you got then there was no need to buy into their points system .... read your contract to see if you are within your rescission period.

On another note, never go to a presentation or an update .... all they do is fill you with lies and trap you into believing them.

R P.
Oct 05, 2012

In my opinion points are a ponzi scheme. You don't own anything but you are commited to a lifetime of never ending increasing maintenance fees. The resort can keep selling points and lessen your chances of an exchange by over selling them. Then they can change the rules at any point just like they did to you and demand that you buy even more or lose your trading power. Anyone can come to this site or others and rent someone elses timeshare without the obligation of paying maintenance fees in the future.

Don P.
Oct 05, 2012

I M going to see if we can get out of it somehow. I have a week's account through rci and had a points account as well. Never had a problem with either. I am going to look at going through red week to see places available. If anyone is more familiar with holiday inn club the info would be appreciated.

Pablo M.
Sep 09, 2015

---

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Sep 13, 2015 03:52 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.