The Villas of Foxwood Hills

STAY AWAY FROM THE VILLAS OF FOXWOOD IN WESTMINSTER, S.C.

Oct 10, 2012

Foxwood Hills Villas/Kingston Manor in Westminster, S.C. is your worst nightmare for a vacation or even an overnight stay. My parents have owned their timeshare there for 28 years and in the past I have stayed there about 3 times over the 28 years but this year was my last. We arrived on October 5, 2012 at 1:30 a.m. and when we opened the door to the unit, this God awful musty, dirty, moldy smell smacked me right in the face. Within 15 minutes, I had a migraine and felt very nausea. This place makes Motel 6 look like the Hilton. The unit was so nasty that we did not even sleep in bed, and did not use the shower, and against our better judgement had to use the toilet because where else would we go at that time of night. We documented our 6 hour stay with tons of photos, written documentation of everything we saw and found that would make even the strongest stomach want to vomit. There is so many safety hazards and inspection violations. The foundations are cracking and coming apart; the retaining walls are coming apart all over the resort; the pavement is a joke because it is cracked and coming apart all over the resort; there is no upkeep to the grounds whatsoever; there are 114 units on the property and not one single unit would I consider safe or up to date; the units are very out dated; old carpet; old cabinets falling apart; appliances that are most all original which is over 25 years old; blankets that have stains on them; smell like urine or feces (see photo); bed mites; mold throughout the unit; stains throughout the unit on the walls and furniture; toilet seats that have had so much urine splashed on them, that it looks like the toilet seats and covers have the mumps or mescals; shower heads that have at least ½ inch of grown mold covering them; ceiling fans and air vents falling off the ceilings; the outside of the units are in need of urgent repairs; have several large holes; falling down boards; board rot; exposed sewerage lines; over grown bushes; concrete breakage throughout the property on the sidewalks and pavement areas; unsafe parking conditions; for our unit had at least 5 feet deep and 2 feet high of empty space under the pavement that if a heavy truck was to park in the space it would give away and the vehicle would roll into the ravine behind it. Then a rotten 4x4 board holding up the side of a 2 story deck that is also leaning and could give away at anytime. Pillows that are mold on them and holes in the pillow . Doors that go into the unit the paint is peeling so bad off the door itself . The flooring in the unit was very shaking when you walked on it as if you were going to fall through the floor at any moment. Mold inside the refrigerator and dish washer; at least 2 inches of dust on the mini blinds and ceiling fan; There are just too many things to list but we took over 200 photos of our unit and the adjoining units to show the condition of this resort and would be happy to share them with anyone wanting to see them. We were suppose to be staying through the weekend but checked out 6 hours only after we checked in and could not wait to get back home to take a shower and change our clothes. In our opinion an animal shelter or prison or jail is in better condition than this resort. The resort made their current timeshare owners pay an $83.00 assessment in addition to the $419.00 annual dues this year (2012) for what was suppose to be to make repairs to the property; We seen no repairs that have been made or even look like there being made; All we saw was a nasty and out dated resort that looks like a ghost town and should be torn down. If anything this resort should pay others to stay there. I would never recommend this resort to my worst enemy. If you should decide to forgo these warnings I am giving you then don’t say you were not warned when you go and find out for yourself. It is my intention to notify the building inspectors in this county where the resort is located and notify someone on a higher level in the state capital or government; No one should have to be put through what we went through for these 6 hours; My dogs live and sleep better than this place; No wonder so many timeshare owners are just giving back their weeks and this resort is going bankrupt. NEVER STAY AT THIS RESORT UNLESS YOU LIKE NASTY, FILTHY, MOLDY, LIVING CONDITIONS and UNSAFE LIVING CONDITIONS AT THAT AND THIS IS BEING KIND WHEN I SAY THIS!! BELOW IS ANOTHER PERSON'S RATING OF THIS RESORT WHOM VISITED IT IN JUNE, 2012. THEIR RATING CAN BE FOUND ON TRIP ADVISOR, ALONG WITH THEIR PHOTOS TAKEN OF THE RESORT. This property along with Kinston Manor is run by the same management. The property is VERY OLD. The only good thing about this property is the community pool and club house located about 1+ miles away which is owned by the community association of Foxwood Hills. Lots of water related damage. Tree stumps not ground down. Tree roots abouve ground. Driveways not maintained cracked. Retention walls leaning. Lots of errosion. Signs throughout the property deteriorating and not maintained. The damage appears not to have taken place recently, but due to years of neglect. There are sign on the sight that states security on site; however, we did not see any signs of security. Also, the office hours are from 10A - 8P. They provide a long list of phone numbers in the event of an emergency. Also there is no Wi-Fi internet access in the units. After hours they recommend you use the laundry room or be near the office building. The inside of the unit smelled of mildew, if you have allergies this is not the place for you. Old outdated wallpaper and furnishings. Many of the oven pans were rusted. The cooling of the unit was uneven. Warm upstairs very cold downstairs. Probably due to the location of the thermostat. Only a 38 gallon water heater, may provide enough hot water for 6 adults, maybe. The air handler did not have a filter and was very dirty; again if you have allergies you may want to stay elsewhere. No screen on windows or doors Indoor pool, wading pool, and Jacuzzi is filthy, looks like mildew on the bottom of each. Items in the onsite clothing store for sale look like they are consignment items or items left in the room they are trying to sell. All looks used and out dated, like the facilities. Access to many units not handicap friendly. Units and property roads are not child, handicaped, physically challenged, or wheel chair friendly For anyone thinking about staying at this resort, please go checkout the other comments made at Trip Advisor. I think you will change your mind after you see further comments about this dump.

Sharon K.
Mar 06, 2022

Can anyone tell me when they closed and why? I’m very curious to find out why the permanently closed and what made them close. I haven’t been in years but every time I was there in the past never had a problem with them.

Rachel C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.