Timeshare Exchanges

"Take MY Place" "Inspired Vacations" "V O Financial Corp"

Oct 25, 2012

I clicked on an ad "rent your timeshare for free". It turned out to be VO Financial Corp.

It looked sketchy as to what service they were really providing and who worked there.

PLUS there is a FRAUD investigation of some folks and VO.

Take My Place appeared to indicate they get clients who want to rent your unit, they get you to agree, Clients write VO a check for your unit, and sometime later they write you a check from the company. All at no cost to you.

FUNNY because their CLIENTS are folks who allegedly got ripped off buying timeshare units or want to own timeshare units so WHY would they want to rent yours? Seems like a limited market. Something seems fishy.

SO why do they want you to sign up? Is it a bait and switch scheme?

And they charge you nothing...because they have clients lined up for yhour unit? But they get the money for renting your unit.

FUNNY..here is the SAME or similar company getting money from timeshare owners to pay off their units. And sometimes they never paid them off!!!!

Here is Department of Justice investigation where a company named "V O... " took money from time share owners to sell off units and they never did.

Department of Justice note from May 2012.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/files/Lacerda,%20Ashley%20et%20al.,%20Arraignment%20News%20Release.html

Other names V O Financial use are: Inspired Vacations Take MY Place Rentals

I am a certified Fraud Examiner. I will not do business with them.

I look for reasons NOT to do business with a firm.

Sometimes I use "scam" or "fraud" behind a name and do a search, as part of my due diligence. Other times I add the word "Reviews" to get feedback.

There is a ripoff report that talks about "V O". Is it them?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/vo-financial/telemarketers/complaint-review-egg-harbor-township-new-jersey-f1d09.htm

It is always good to use professional skepticism.

I clicked on the ad at the bottom of the redweek page. "Rent Your Time For Free. Zero Cost Timeshare Rental - No Commission Taken. TakeMyPlace.co"

Is the name the same as the DOJ????

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/vo-financial-corporation-specializing-timeshare-145100337.html

Dr L.
Oct 26, 2012

dr28 wrote:
Take My Place appeared to indicate they get clients who want to rent your unit, they get you to agree, Clients write VO a check for your unit, and sometime later they write you a check from the company. All at no cost to you.

This doesn't even make good sense .... nothing is done by any company for free.

R P.
Dec 18, 2012

Not sure what all this mess above is about but this is a free service. All the inventory and rentals taken in by TMP is used as fulfillment to inspired vacations members who receive a 50 % discount on their vacations. They are able to do this because they are paying the TMP members to book their travel.

This equates to the most rental revenue an owner can receive and the cheapest vacations a consumer can go on. Don't be skeptical of a well thought out program as it isn't as complex as some would like to make it.

TakeMY P.
Dec 19, 2012

Sounds like a sales presentation to me. They lure you into the presentation. Once they have you isolated they bring on the sales pitch. When you stay and listen they wear you down and get you to sign on the dotted line. It's just another twist on another ther old timeshare sales claiming to be a new program. The bottom line is if you sign anything you will be commited to pay for something you don't understand. Avoid them in the first place and keep your money in your wallet.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Dec 19, 2012 07:57 AM

May 04, 2013

The service is designed for timeshare owners who enjoy their ownership but don't always use all their points every year. There is no commission taken, enrollment costs or any hidden fee for the service. Previous owners who have been helped by VO eliminate an ownership they were mislead into purchasing but would still like to vacation at resorts for a lesser price than their yearly cost for their timeshare ownership. An ownership which was not even able to be utilized the way it was explained when they were persuaded into making the purchase. These clients are offered an "Inspired Vacation" membership. This allows those clients to book a vacation at 50% of any price advertised by using other owners ownerships that they are trying to rent. All proceeds from which go to the owner that is renting the points for this clients more affordable vacation. VO while previously investigated for fraudulent tactics in which multiple people were charged for fraudulent acts including the CEO and founder, has continued to expand opening more offices and adopting different services to assist people that were victimized through misleading, high pressured and predatory sales tactics done by their developer, to assist them in resolving different issues resulting from the developers sales presentations and representatives, in the hopes that their is relief available for anyone put into an unfavorable circumstance with their ownership. Utilizing state and federal legislation to assist the owners that did not receive full and fair disclosure at the time of a purchase with their developer. However, VO is unable to assist owners with buyers remorse that were not mislead or coerced into making a purchase seeing as they did receive full and fair disclosure and were aware of the situation they had engaged themselves in. RipoffReport.com had physically investigated VO Financial Corporation, contacting previous and current clients that were being assisted in resolving their dissatisfactions with their ownerships to ensure their services were legitimate and that the corporation could in fact fallow through with the services offered for the benefit and relief of their clients after their case is documented and a contract retaining their services is signed.

Allen H.

Last edited by allenh70 on May 04, 2013 03:48 AM

May 04, 2013

I smell a shill for V O Financial Corp .....

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 04, 2013 08:09 AM

May 04, 2013

allenh70 wrote:
VO while previously investigated for fraudulent tactics in which multiple people were charged for fraudulent acts including the CEO and founder, has continued to expand opening more offices...

Shouldn't that tell you something right there?

Lance C.
May 04, 2013

I can't believe these shills keep coming in here thinking people are stupid enough to fall for their scams. People that come in here are smart enough to do their homework before turning over their hard earned money to these scammers. Go away and get a real job.

allenh70 wrote:
The service is designed for timeshare owners who enjoy their ownership but don't always use all their points every year. There is no commission taken, enrollment costs or any hidden fee for the service. Previous owners who have been helped by VO eliminate an ownership they were mislead into purchasing but would still like to vacation at resorts for a lesser price than their yearly cost for their timeshare ownership. An ownership which was not even able to be utilized the way it was explained when they were persuaded into making the purchase. These clients are offered an "Inspired Vacation" membership. This allows those clients to book a vacation at 50% of any price advertised by using other owners ownerships that they are trying to rent. All proceeds from which go to the owner that is renting the points for this clients more affordable vacation. VO while previously investigated for fraudulent tactics in which multiple people were charged for fraudulent acts including the CEO and founder, has continued to expand opening more offices and adopting different services to assist people that were victimized through misleading, high pressured and predatory sales tactics done by their developer, to assist them in resolving different issues resulting from the developers sales presentations and representatives, in the hopes that their is relief available for anyone put into an unfavorable circumstance with their ownership. Utilizing state and federal legislation to assist the owners that did not receive full and fair disclosure at the time of a purchase with their developer. However, VO is unable to assist owners with buyers remorse that were not mislead or coerced into making a purchase seeing as they did receive full and fair disclosure and were aware of the situation they had engaged themselves in. RipoffReport.com had physically investigated VO Financial Corporation, contacting previous and current clients that were being assisted in resolving their dissatisfactions with their ownerships to ensure their services were legitimate and that the corporation could in fact fallow through with the services offered for the benefit and relief of their clients after their case is documented and a contract retaining their services is signed.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.