Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

:Premier Concierge Services

Jan 06, 2013

I searched but it didn't bring up anything on it. Has anyone ever heard of them. I generally just say no when a company calls me to say that they will buy my timeshare. For some reason, I can't really figure out why, I told these people to send me an e-mail with all of the particulars. I received an e-mail with an offer that surprised me, which may me question the legitimacy of this company. They haven't asked for any money up front, yet. Does anyone know anything about them?

Marcia B.
Jan 07, 2013

marciab109 wrote:
I searched but it didn't bring up anything on it. Has anyone ever heard of them. I generally just say no when a company calls me to say that they will buy my timeshare. For some reason, I can't really figure out why, I told these people to send me an e-mail with all of the particulars. I received an e-mail with an offer that surprised me, which may me question the legitimacy of this company. They haven't asked for any money up front, yet. Does anyone know anything about them?

Somewhere along the line they will ask for an upfront fee .... they called you out of the blue .... that's a red flag for sure that this is a scam. Also, if they offered you an unbelievable price then that should have raised a red flag when many timeshares are being given away in this economy.

R P.
Feb 09, 2013

isconcierge asafe ts business topurchase ats? thank you jim

Jim B.
Feb 10, 2013

In researching this company, I have no idea exactly what they do or how they are involved in timeshares .... never heard of them before now.

R P.
May 17, 2013

Hi Marcia Did you ever find anything more about Premier Concierge SErvices in Chicago? My frien has had significnat email adn document exchange with them and they seem to be legit, but since I cna' tfind anything out about them it makes me cautious. Thank you!

Beatrice O.
May 17, 2013

marciab109 I searched but it didn't bring up anything on it. Has anyone ever heard of them. I generally just say no when a company calls me.

I have one main rule I stick to and that is and has always been I buy nothing from anyone at my door or calling me! It seems to have worked very well! Now days I guess that any deal on timeshares is probably 90% a scam of some type. PHIL

Phil L.
May 23, 2013

MY FRIEND WAS CALLED BY THEM AND THEY SAID THEY HAVE A BUYER IN MEXICO. THAY EMAILED ALL OF THE PAPERWORK. THEY SHOWED DOCUMENTATION FROM BANCOMER (BBVA) BANK IN MEXICO THAT 542,000 PESOS HAD BENN DEPOSITED INTO AN ESCROW ACCOUNT. THEN THE PHONE CALLS FOR VARIOUS MONIES STARTED LIKE THE TAX TO PAY TO MEXICO AT A 10 PERCENT OF HIS TAKE. THAY ASKED FOR $3100 TO BE WIRED TO THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT . I WAS IN THIS BUSINESS IN FLORIDA AND TOLD HIM NOT TO PUT UP A DIME. HE ARRANGED WITH THEM FOR THEM TO PAY HALF AND HE WIRED $1500. NOW A WEEK LATER HE DID NOT RECEIVE HIS MONEY SO I CALLED BANCOMER IN MEXICO TO VERIFY AND THE " ESCROW GENERALE" SAID THE MONEY WILL NOT BE RELEASED UNTIL HIS $936 COMMISSION IS PAID BUT THAT $36,000 P[LUS IS SITTING IN AN ESCROW ACCOUNT IN MEXICO. SHOULD I BELIEVE THIS "ESCROW GENERALE"?

[Q=phill12]

marciab109 wrote:
I searched but it didn't bring up anything on it. Has anyone ever heard of them. I generally just say no when a company calls me.

I have one main rule I stick to and that is and has always been I buy nothing from anyone at my door or calling me! It seems to have worked very well! Now days I guess that any deal on timeshares is probably 90% a scam of some type. PHIL

Robert K.
May 23, 2013

Your friend has just been ripped off and they want more money. They have him on the " sucker list " and they will keep trying to get more money from him. Sometime down the road he will be contacted by someone claiming they can recover the money he lost for another " fee ". It won't stop until he stops sending more money. Tell him to take his loss and learn a lesson from it.

Don P.
Aug 22, 2013

I called the address of them and they are not listed a that

address so call the states ag at 773-488-2600

marciab109 wrote:

Philip P.
Sep 25, 2013

THIS IS A SCAM! And Premier Concierge Services is just the latest in an endless stream of fake companies with fake addresses and fake contact names. They change names at the drop of a hat, and it has become a serious problem. I was recently contacted about an 89-year-old man who was taken for $50,000 by these crooks; unfortunately he will never get that money back. Researching the company is how I found this thread. DO NOT EVER WIRE MONEY TO WHAT YOU THINK IS AN ESCROW ACCOUNT IN MEXICO! IT IS FAKE!

For lack of a better name, it is called the "Mexico Escrow Fraud", and over the last several years it has robbed thousands of people of millions of dollars. The following warning is posted at insidethegate.com (full disclosure, I work at insidethegate.com) in an article describing how it works:

"If you own a timeshare in Mexico and someone calls you to tell you they can get you out of that timeshare or has a buyer for it (usually for as much as or more than you paid for it), put your tinfoil hat on. ESPECIALLY if/when you are asked to wire money to an escrow account in Mexico. This is a hot and very profitable scam running in Mexico, and if you send money you will never see it again. AND you will still own that Mexican timeshare. The part that really stings is that most of those scams seem to be operated by American and Canadian expats. DO NOT, we repeat DO NOT WIRE OR OTHERWISE SEND THEM MONEY!!!

These are fraudulent “timeshare recovery” scams that we call “the Mexico escrow fraud” because they ask you to wire funds to a Mexican escrow company to lull you into a false sense of security. BUT:

-THERE IS NO ESCROW FUND. The money gets deposited in a legitimate Mexican bank to an account owned by the perpetrators of the scam. -THERE IS NO ESCROW COMPANY. -THERE IS NO BUYER FOR YOUR TIMESHARE. -THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE TITLE COMPANY -THESE COMPANIES DO NOT EXIST at the addresses in the USA they claim. -Their phone numbers show US area codes but they are usually really calling from Mexico. -There are no extra fees (taxes, etc.) required by Mexico to sell your timeshare."

Please be aware of this scam and help to spread the word. We can't stop it, but maybe we can help to keep some unlucky souls from getting ripped off.

philipp70 wrote:
I called the address of them and they are not listed a that

address so call the states ag at 773-488-2600

marciab109 wrote:

Craig J.

Last edited by craigj86 on Sep 25, 2013 06:45 AM

Sep 25, 2013

craigj86 wrote:
THIS IS A SCAM! ...Please be aware of this scam and help to spread the word. We can't stop it, but maybe we can help to keep some unlucky souls from getting ripped off.

Actually, if you read a number of threads in these forums, you will see that many regular posters here have, for years, been warning timeshare owners of these scams. But thanks for the heads-up about this one.

Lance C.
Nov 18, 2013

omg!!! Phill this has happen to me and im trying to get my money back can you email me at marij5@comcast.net Im planning something that can help us get our money, just need more people with the same problem as us..

Maritza

Maritza A.
Dec 11, 2013

Hey Folks. I think I am in the midst of the same scam, only they now call themselves, Premier Destination Marketing out of Scottsdale, AZ. No BBB record and I have a friend going to the listed address to see if they even exist. Their MO is EXACTLY like Craig stated in a previous post here, complete with Bank routing numbers, a local agent in Monterrey Mx. along with SAT, the Mexican IRS numbers and tax amount due on the sale. The buyer is CEMEX, the Mexican cement company with worlwide endeavors. At least that company does exist. I even was sent a copy on Cemex letterhead of the deposit of funds into the bank listed. Only problem, is the name of the person who signed it is unknown to the personnel director at Cemex. There is one employee who as a very similar name, but not quite. VERY CLEVER.

I suggested rather strongly that we use Stewart Title to handle the matter and they said for "tax reasons", Cemex wanted to do this directly with SAT and the Banco del Norte in Moneterey. They even sent me the phone number of a very satisfied client, a doctor from Illinois, in the Chicago area. That is another tie with Premier Concierge Services as listed above. I plan on reporting to CA. authorities as well as AZ authorities, but am sure they will not be able to be very effective. DO NOT FALL FOR IT...PERIOD

THANK YOU REDWEEK for these forums.

Vic M.
Dec 14, 2013

These "upfront fee" companies are all alike, and their pitch is quite convincing. Stating they use "Stewart Title Company" is a stroke of genius since it is a 120-year old company with hundreds of locations. See more: http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/06/06/crackdown-on-florida-timeshare-fraud.html

Herbert H.
Dec 14, 2013

Perhaps you misunderstood my previous comment. They DO NOT SUGGEST STEWART TITLE. It was I who stated that was the only way I would do it. They claimed SAT was the equivelant and was a branch of the Mexican Gov't. The latter is true as they are the Mexican IRS, but they have NOTHING to do with any escrow arrangements. They did state that CEMEX was the buyer however and a simple phone call to Cemex disproved that at once. Need to carefully read EVERYTHING

Filed complaint with AZ AG but that takes time and they will be gone for sure. Good Luck

herberth8 wrote:
These "upfront fee" companies are all alike, and their pitch is quite convincing. Stating they use "Stewart Title Company" is a stroke of genius since it is a 120-year old company with hundreds of locations. See more: http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2013/06/06/crackdown-on-florida-timeshare-fraud.html

Vic M.
Jan 06, 2017

Concierge Services are helpful in all manner, if you are busy and you don't have time to do those things which you want to do but lack of time doesn't allow you to do. Then calling them is really the best option as per my suggestion.

Katia M.

Last edited by katiam5 on Jan 06, 2017 08:22 PM

Jan 06, 2017

katiam5 wrote:
if you are busy and you don't have time to do those things which you want to do but lack of time doesn't allow you to do. Then calling them is really the best option as per my suggestion.

And how much is this option going to cost?

Lance C.
Jan 06, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!!!

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.