Timeshare Companies

Dealings with Summit Marketing and Associates/SMA Timeshare, Longwood, Florida

Jan 14, 2013

This is a heads up on a very bad experience I have had with Summit Marketing and Associates/SMA Timeshare of Longwood, Florida. I was approached by Summit/SMA in December 2012 about leasing my Developer's Week in Hilton Head. As I was not going to use it in December I agreed to attempt a lease -for 2012 only. Of the eight offers I received over the next 21 days, seven (7) were for 2013, one (1) was for 29 December 2012 - 2 January 2013. Though one of the eight was technically correct, seven were not in accordance with the electronic contract. A call to Summit/SMA, though answered, resulted in no explanation as to why the dates, with the one exception, were outside the terms of the contract. Since January 3, 2013, four (4) more 2013 offers have come. Shame on me for dealing with this organization. For those looking to lease timeshares, I would recommend avoiding Summit/SMA. Their dealings are suspect and you will end up making the entire effort.

Roy L.
Jan 14, 2013

I believe I read somewhere that Summit Marketing was being investigated by the Florida attorney general .... I thought they had been shut down but evidently not.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.