Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Rent two consecutive weeks together or separately?

Jan 16, 2013

I have two weeks at my timeshare resort in Florida. Am I more likely to have success renting two separate weeks (2 x 7 days) or the two weeks together (14 days)? I see that if I rent the weeks separately I am not allowed to mention that I have an adjacent week for rent as well.

Karina B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 16, 2013 02:58 PM

Jan 16, 2013

I think very few people would want two consecutive weeks. You would have a much better chance renting them seperately.

Don P.
Jan 17, 2013

karinab23 wrote:
I have two weeks at my timeshare resort in Florida. Am I more likely to have success renting two separate weeks (2 x 7 days) or the two weeks together (14 days)? I see that if I rent the weeks separately I am not allowed to mention that I have an adjacent week for rent as well.

You write your own ad so why do you say you're not allowed to mention the second week?

R P.
Jan 18, 2013

I thought I could not mention the adjacent week as I saw this in the dos and don'ts here: http://www.redweek.com/resources/posting-policy

- Advertise only one unit per posting - may not include mention of additional units available for rent/sale.

Karina B.
Jan 19, 2013

Most families don't spend two weeks at one resort. If they like a resort/area that much they probably own one. I would write my ad as Two weeks for rent or your choice of which week you would like. Unit can be broken into one week rental also!

PHIL

Phil L.
Jan 19, 2013

Just FYI, I am planning a trip next year(Mexico) with 4-6 of my girlfriends and I will be looking to book a place for two weeks. I am having a hard time finding one for two weeks! Just my two cents:)

Kim W.
Jan 19, 2013

kimw473 wrote:
Just FYI, I am planning a trip next year(Mexico) with 4-6 of my girlfriends and I will be looking to book a place for two weeks. I am having a hard time finding one for two weeks! Just my two cents:)

Have you tried posting a want ad? For instance Timeshare Users Group (tug2.net) has a section in the Marketplace where you can advertise that you want to rent from someone.

An owner may be on a points system that will allow him to book two consecutive weeks with his points.

Lance C.
Jan 20, 2013

kimw473 wrote:

You may be able to find two consecutive weeks at the same resort but you would have to go with a different rental and change units for the second week.

R P.
Jan 21, 2013

Thank you for the information. I will have to check out that cite.

Kim W.
Mar 30, 2015

I've been learning a lot reading thru the forums. As a member of the Holiday Inn Vacation Club (HIVC) point system. This allows vacations at the HIVC locations to be directly booked 10 months ahead of time. Can start any day of the week minimum of two days to consecutive weeks if you so chose upon availability. At this time we have 12 locations to choose & more on the way. They have addressed this issue for us by going to points. From my understanding this is a real problem when booking vacations outside the box. You do have to think ahead (10 month rule) for consecutive weeks for most of the resorts but in Orlando , or Vegas it would be available closer to the date along with the 2 or three day stays. I prebook stays ahead of time to get good spots but would never prebook a two week stay. Back yo back booking if you found that one person, looking for that worse case is a fresh room just need to move & put your things in limbo for the day.

Dave

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.