Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is Key West Resorts by Owner.com legit?

Jun 03, 2013

I just called Michael Harrison he answered and is at his son's soccer game, and I asked him if he knew this company RED WEEK was bad mouthing the company he works for. He said no that it's probably another upfront company and they come and go.He taking this better than I would.

Michael H.
Jun 03, 2013

Red Week why step to these cheap shots , just take of your owner business.Your just trying to get people to list there property's with up front fee's.Carma is a ***** !

Michael H.
Jun 03, 2013

My god Red Week doesn't even a have phone number to call, my wife just tried. Red Week is truly trying to take business from KWRBO. Your just another upfront company, How do you sleep at night.

Michael H.
Jun 04, 2013

Michael,

RedWeek is a timeshare marketplace for owners to advertise their rentals and resales. We charge a modest membership and posting fee, but are by no means an up-front-fee company. We have been in business since 2002, and hold an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.

I see that you have only a free guest account, and have not participated on our site except for your entry on our Forums pages. As it is evident that you will not be using RedWeek, I have extended you the courtesy of deactivating your account.

Regards,

Alisa Stephens Executive Producer RedWeek.com

Alisa S.
Jun 04, 2013

michaelh1020 wrote:
Red Week why step to these cheap shots , just take of your owner business.Your just trying to get people to list there property's with up front fee's.Carma is a ***** !

It's spelled 'karma', duh!

R P.
Jun 04, 2013

michaelh1020 wrote:
BEWARE this company RED WEEK is a UPFRONT company so if you post on here you'll ton's of emails wanting you to pay upfront with your credit card as I did.. Now there sending me restaurant coupons to list my resort.TRUST the BBB as I did Key west resorts by owner has no complaints or takes UPFRONT FEE'S. Plus they offer 100 % refund if the sale don't go through,what more can you ask.Bad business Red Week.

Your English is atrocious .... it's tons (not ton's), it's they're sending (not there sending), it's fees (not fee's), it's if the sale doesn't go through (not if the sale don't go through). If you run a business I suggest you take a night course in English in order to communicate with your alleged customers.

R P.
Jun 04, 2013

michaelh1020 wrote:
I just called Michael Harrison he answered and is at his son's soccer game, and I asked him if he knew this company RED WEEK was bad mouthing the company he works for. He said no that it's probably another upfront company and they come and go.He taking this better than I would.

That's odd, did you call yourself michaelh ?????

R P.
Jun 05, 2013

I'm a attorney in CA.,and it's against the law to list timeshares for sale UNLESS your a licensed broker or a licensed realtor that works for a licensed broker in CA.Also it's against the law to charge to advertize the sale of timeshares.I have contacted the BBB @ 206-431-2222 and they agree and we are filing a complaint with CA'S attorney's general today.Your A rating is going away very soon.To all consumers that have paid RED WEEK.com money CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY NOW AND DISPUTE THE CHARGE THEY CHARGED YOU ASAP.Holland & Knight.

Christopher J.
Jun 05, 2013

Christopher...... you better go back for a refresher course. Redweek does not sell timeshares they are just website to advertise. I doubt very much you're an attorney. Maybe a wanna be but that's it.

Don P.
Jun 05, 2013

Christopher,

I see that you are new to RedWeek, having created your free RedWeek guest account shortly before participating on this forums thread. As a new user, I'd like to welcome you to our marketplace.

To clarify, RedWeek is not a timeshare listing service. We are a timeshare marketplace where owners can advertise their timeshares for rent and resale. Paying to advertise on RedWeek is no different than paying for a classified ad in a local newspaper (except our members get much better results).

As I told your predecessor, Michael H. (above), RedWeek has been in business for more than ten years and has held an A+ Better Business Bureau rating since our accreditation in 2006. If we were operating illegally, we would have been out of business years ago.

Regards,

Alisa Stephens Executive Producer RedWeek.com

Alisa S.
Jun 06, 2013

RED WEEK .COM IS BREAKING CA., LAWS, IT'S AGAINST THE LAW TO LIST TIMESHARES FOR SALE IN CA, UNLESS YOUR A LICENSED BROKER.I CALLED THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CA., THEY AGREED RED WEEK IS BREAKING LAWS.YOU WILL GET EMAIL FROM RED WEEK WANTING YOUR CREDIT CARD. THEY WORK OUT OF HOME: THEY HAVE NO PHONES NUMBERS: NO ADDRESS BUT P.O.BOX THERE BEING INVESTIGATED BY A.G. OF CA. BBB DROPPING THEM CALL THEM. IF YOU PAID RED WEEK CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DISPUTE THE CHARGE THEY CHARGE YOU I DID.

David E.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 07, 2013 10:23 AM

Jun 06, 2013

RED WEEK IS BEING INVESTIGATED BY ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CA,I CALLED BBB THERE DROPPING THEM SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY REFUNDED ME.

David E.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 07, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 06, 2013

You losers need to find a hobby. Redweek is just a website that allows people to advertise their timeshares for rent and sale. They give us the forum to share our experiences and help some people avoid scams. Apparently Christopher and David are in need of therapy of some sort. Christopher.... you should not be impersonating an attorney. There are laws against that. Please find a hobby to occupy your time.

Don P.
Jun 07, 2013

davide457 wrote:
RED WEEK IS BEING INVESTIGATED BY ATTORNEY GENERAL OF CA,I CALLED BBB THERE DROPPING THEM SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND THEY REFUNDED ME.CALL BBB OF CA., 206-431-2222 ASK FOR MR.GILL HE WILL TELL YOU.BEWARE,BEWARE.

I would never hire an attorney that doesn't use proper internet etiquette = shouts (all capital letters is a no-no) and has horrible English writing skills (it's they're not there) .... if you think that we think you're an attorney then you need to have your head examined .... there are hundreds of timeshare ad sites on the internet, not just Redweek, duh.

R P.
Jun 07, 2013

donp196 wrote:
You losers need to find a hobby. Redweek is just a website that allows people to advertise their timeshares for rent and sale. They give us the forum to share our experiences and help some people avoid scams. Apparently Christopher and David are in need of therapy of some sort. Christopher.... you should not be impersonating an attorney. There are laws against that. Please find a hobby to occupy your time.

Evidently his business is not doing well ..... he seems to have all the time in the world to post his jibberish here.

R P.
Jun 28, 2013

I know of this person Michael Harrison. I believe he is a scam artist. And I know where he currently lives and I believe he is doing illegal things, but was never able to proof it. Please help. How can I take this to the law? If you want to bring him to justice please respond!!!

Katie H.
Jun 28, 2013

I Know this person as well and his name is not Michael Harrison...AKA! Go figure! I will get a detective to look into this and I will go to the full extent of the law! Thank you so much, RedWeek.com!! You have confirmed our fear of a scammer! Thankful for Google as well, for taking me to this website! Sorry for all who have been scammed! :(

heatherh376 wrote:
I know of this person Michael Harrison. I believe he is a scam artist. And I know where he currently lives and I believe he is doing illegal things, but was never able to proof it. Please help. How can I take this to the law? If you want to bring him to justice please respond!!!

Judith H.

Last edited by judithh121 on Jun 28, 2013 05:53 PM

Jun 28, 2013

Very well observed! :)

jayjay wrote:
michaelh1020 wrote:

That's odd, did you call yourself michaelh ?????

Judith H.
Jul 12, 2013

Go to Florida Attorneys Generals website. She has a complaint form that is easy to fill out and her representative responded to me within 24 hours and told me what to do. Especially, they are interested in his insistance that monies be wire transferred to him. They wanted the transfer numbers. Hopefuly here come the FEDS.

heatherh376 wrote:

Edward K.
Jul 12, 2013

I have been fighting these scammers for 2 years with some success, however not enough. I would much like to know his other names if you find any so I can tie him to previous cases. These people change their company names and their own names and their locations quite frequently, so it is hard to track them. I believe that a group of them are somehow tied to the airline industry as references about "Captain" keep popping up. Checking their names on various search engines against public records seem to show that many of them have commercial pilot licenses. A lot of cities across the country where they are setting up shop from also are hubs for a certain airline company.

Edward K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.