Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is Key West Resorts by Owner.com legit?

Jul 19, 2013

Michael Harrison is 58 years old and just had hip replacement and hasn't left his house in weeks and never has been to Vero Beach in his life ever ! You have the wrong M Harrison people and No Anderson s have worked for my company EVER !

David H.
Jul 20, 2013

I am SO looking forward to our day in court!! What day and What Courthouse? Key West? Marathon? See you there!!!! Will be great to see everyone involved in your mess!! And thank you to RED Week for deleting addresses! Judy

Judith H.
Jul 20, 2013

Never pay an upfront company even one that promises a 100% guarantee. Just because you can't find anything negative about a company doesn't mean it is legit, these types of companies change their names and locations (usually a maildrop "suite") all the time.

No offense to those that feel scammed but some of the post sound a little on the crazy side. Posting over the top personal stuff won't get your money back. If it will do anything it will discredit you. Hopefully you can work through legal avenues to get the individuals who defrauded others before they go underground and re-emerge to scam another day.

Tracey S.
Jul 20, 2013

Your reply is so true! And, Underground would be the best place for him....Literally!!! My Broker/Associate is outraged with his posting (that I showed them)...that I am being fired! They did the BPO on the home after he left so I could put my kid's house on the market! They are Not Happy!! I literally stood face to face with this 'man' for months on end trying to collect rent! When I refused to talk to him...My emails came from Michael Harrison....Keywestresortsbyowner! Proven and saved for proof! I know the time share business is tough! I owned the Beachside Restaurant for many years( now the Lemon Tree Restaurant) and the Driftwood Inn was right across the street from it on Ocean Drive! They had their bout with scammers as a timeshare back in the late 80's! The strange thing is.....I didn't think he was a scam artist until he called me one day and told me that one of his girls quit! He asked me if I knew someone asap that he could hire! He told me that he paid cash and would get them two phones from Walmart! Then, my mind started to think...this is a SCAM! That is when I googled "Is Keywestresortsbyowner legit"! That is how I found Redweek! Great LINK!! And that is my story........!

Judith H.
Jul 22, 2013

Mr.Harrison I have known for 10 plus years and he has sold 2 timeshares for us, 1 was Marriott in Key West and we got 8800.00 less what we bought it for and the 2nd 1 was Bonnet Creek in Orlando, FL and we received 9,000.00 less what we paid for it buts that's the timeshare world.I'll never buy another timeshare.He charged us 674.00 for one and 243.00 for the other one at least we don't have maintenance fee's anymore.

Dean A.
Jul 22, 2013

Beg to differ with you and it is public record. Go to Fla. Secretary of State website and search for Keywestresortsby owner.LLC. Listed is your Incorporation paperwork is David A.Harris as registered agent The application is signed by Michael L. Harrison. Dated 12/04/12. The registration Number is L120001511422. Note: Falsefication of this information is a 3rd degree felony under Florida Law. per s.817.155,F.S. This information is written quite plainly directly under the signature block.

davidh1326 wrote:
Michael Harrison is 58 years old and just had hip replacement and hasn't left his house in weeks and never has been to Vero Beach in his life ever ! You have the wrong M Harrison people and No Anderson s have worked for my company EVER !

Edward K.
Jul 22, 2013

Thank you Edward! Very Informative and Very Appreciated!

Judith H.
Jul 26, 2013

Last edited by freds328 on Aug 14, 2013 08:23 AM

Jul 26, 2013

I feel so Badly for you Fred! I feel your pain!! Hope to talk to you again soon! Judy

Judith H.
Jul 31, 2013

I was starting to worry because we gave our Marriott timeshare to Michael Harrison 2 months ago and basically said the same thing as this posting we paid them 674.00. We just got back from vacation and we had USPS notice in our door from Chicago Title and Insurance, my husband picked it up and there was our check for the sale of our Marriott property.I'm a happy customer.

inezf3 wrote:
Was called by a financing accountant there who had a buyer who has been approved and interested in my timeshare at Westgate Vacation Villas. They found me listed at a Marriott timeshare promotion.(that's possible, I signed with several of those listing scams before I joined redweek) I have talked to the buyers from PA several times and answered questions and Agreed on a price. Now Michael Harrison tells me they have signed a contract with 10% down to buy. And I need to sign a contract and front Key West Resorts by Owner the closing fee for this process. (He claims they have a bulk discount with Chicago title.) ...

Caroline B.
Jul 31, 2013

you sound like your his girlfriend or should I say ex girl friend, or your just nuts.Do you even own a timeshare ?

Caroline B.
Jul 31, 2013

judithh121

Caroline B.
Jul 31, 2013

Caroline sounds like a shill.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 31, 2013 12:56 PM

Jul 31, 2013

You should have stopped while you were ahead! You may have been able to convince some people on here that you are Caroline! And as far as being an EX??? No Way... And, You have met my Husband.....Oh my gosh! You would never qualify for my criteria in a husband in any way, shape or form!!!! Get a life, Steve aka Michael aka David!

Judith H.
Jul 31, 2013

I actually had to look up the definition of Shill! But, It fits PERFECT! Thanks!

Judith H.
Aug 03, 2013

Mr.Kerr you were refunded in full and you lost your sale by telling the interested party about your horrible experiences in trying to sell your property.They called me personally and told me you shared your bad experiences with them and they did not want to get in the timeshare wold.

edwardk121 wrote:
Me too!!! This guy took me for $661.00. He owed me the refund for about 3 months now. He was E-mailing me every week with a new excuse. Last thing he directly told me was he was in Jacksonville Fla recovering from hip replacement. Couple of weeks before it was knee replacement. Doesn't match with what he told me a couple of months ago about his kid got hurt badly in a soccer game. Most people that have these kind of surgeries don't have childern that young. I have filed complaints with Fla Attorneys General office. They forwarded it to the Keywest Police Dept. and the Florida Agriculture Dept. It was also filed with the ICC.Gov. This is an internet investigative arm of the FBI. Now then it was forwarded to the Indiana Attorneys Generals office. they then forwarded it to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. I have heard back from all of these agencys except the FTC. Guess we just have to be patient and wait for them to act. Complaint was also filed with BBB. It has been indicated to me that there are a whole gang of these scammers working together and this is a large criminal organization operating in at least 15 states. There was a similar case 3 or 4 years ago operating out of Chicago. They milked us poor fools for $21,000,000 in 2 years. (Details are probably still on the U.S. Attorney's for the Southern District of Illinois website).

David H.
Aug 03, 2013

alls good

David H.

Last edited by davidh1326 on Aug 14, 2013 08:51 AM

Aug 03, 2013

Last edited by freds328 on Aug 14, 2013 08:19 AM

Aug 03, 2013

Last edited by freds328 on Aug 14, 2013 08:17 AM

Aug 14, 2013

Mr.Kerr you were refunded 100 % as I will refund anyone that isn't happy.

edwardk121 wrote:
Me too!!! This guy took me for $661.00. He owed me the refund for about 3 months now. He was E-mailing me every week with a new excuse. Last thing he directly told me was he was in Jacksonville Fla recovering from hip replacement. Couple of weeks before it was knee replacement. Doesn't match with what he told me a couple of months ago about his kid got hurt badly in a soccer game. Most people that have these kind of surgeries don't have childern that young. I have filed complaints with Fla Attorneys General office. They forwarded it to the Keywest Police Dept. and the Florida Agriculture Dept. It was also filed with the ICC.Gov. This is an internet investigative arm of the FBI. Now then it was forwarded to the Indiana Attorneys Generals office. they then forwarded it to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. I have heard back from all of these agencys except the FTC. Guess we just have to be patient and wait for them to act. Complaint was also filed with BBB. It has been indicated to me that there are a whole gang of these scammers working together and this is a large criminal organization operating in at least 15 states. There was a similar case 3 or 4 years ago operating out of Chicago. They milked us poor fools for $21,000,000 in 2 years. (Details are probably still on the U.S. Attorney's for the Southern District of Illinois website).

David H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.