Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is Key West Resorts by Owner.com legit?

Aug 14, 2013

To MH You did indeed return my funds a couple of weeks ago. I thank you for that, however why make me wait for 3 1/2 months? Sounds like a cash flow problem to me, having been in business for 35 years, there are ups and downs. I have sent a letter to various law enforcement agencies involved to inform them of the status. I am told that all they will do is take my name off of the list of complaining people that are owed refunds to. I won't be able to withdraw the complaint itself. In some cases, they may send you the list and tell you to pay up or it will be sent to a grand jury for its consideration. On another note, I feel very bad for the owners at "Summer Bay resort" that got wiped out by the sink hole. No doubt, the insurance company will try their best to get out of paying and the owners will be out or faced with large assessments to repair the damage, even if it can be fixed. In the mean time they can't use their time or exchange their units. Happened to me in the Bahamas when a hurricane destroyed our resort there a few years back.

Edward K.
Aug 15, 2013

michaelh1020 wrote:
BEWARE this company RED WEEK is a UPFRONT company so if you post on here you'll ton's of emails wanting you to pay upfront with your credit card as I did.. Now there sending me restaurant coupons to list my resort.TRUST the BBB as I did Key west resorts by owner has no complaints or takes UPFRONT FEE'S. Plus they offer 100 % refund if the sale don't go through,what more can you ask.Bad business Red Week.

Redweek is a timeshare ad site, period, much like classified ads in newspapers that require a fee before listing .... simple as that.

R P.
Aug 15, 2013

Fred, Still waiting, I assume! :( Sad!

Judith H.

Last edited by judithh121 on Aug 15, 2013 10:26 AM

Aug 19, 2013

Judy, I went on a motorcycle trip this weekend and when I got back there was a check waiting for me so everything is cool.

judithh121 wrote:
Fred, Still waiting, I assume! :( Sad!

Aug 19, 2013

Very Interesting, Fred and Caroline! So, Both took a trip out of town and check was waiting for you when you returned!! Maybe my Son should take a trip and a check be waiting on him??? Fat Chance!

Judith H.
Oct 16, 2013

Wow I'm impressed. I almost got caught sending Michael Harrison a wired transfer. Then it occurred to me that our timeshare couldn't be sold with only one signature. The deed is in both our names. Plus I found his " contract" on line. I've given enough scammers my hard earned money. NO MORE! Yes I yelled that. I'm upset and I wish the law would prosecute these people. Oh and for those of you who can't spell, try spell check, it works wonders.

Bonnie D.
Oct 16, 2013

So Happy that you are one of the few that didn't get bitten by this Snake! I will post tomorrow some interesting facts! Too busy right now but, When this alert came up on my email....It made Me SMILE! Thanks for making my Night! :)

Judith H.
Oct 16, 2013

back in August I said that I had received a check but that is not true, I was just trying to make him happy. I have talked to him twice recently and he says I will be refunded but nothing has happened yet. Still waiting. He had told me the first week of the month but that was a while ago.

Oct 17, 2013

freds328 wrote:
back in August I said that I had received a check but that is not true, I was just trying to make him happy. I have talked to him twice recently and he says I will be refunded but nothing has happened yet. Still waiting. He had told me the first week of the month but that was a while ago.

I have to ask why you would post something that wasn't true .... who were you trying to make happy by lying?

R P.
Oct 17, 2013

I totally understand why Fred told a lie. I have communicated personally with a few people on here that were scammed and lost money. Fred even called me after the post "that he got the check" and told me the REAL truth.....Because, Michael Harrison asked him to post it ... to keep him from loosing a client and he would send him the money! Last Ditch effort to get paid back.... I feel bad for Fred...because I knew that would never happen! ;(

Judith H.
Oct 17, 2013

If you google..... Michael Dean Kent you will know who is the real AKA Michael Harrison!! Jail records don't lie! Wish I had found this info out before he got out of Vero and scammed my kids!!

Judith H.
Oct 26, 2013

Steven Harris is a guy I met on the internet his number is (704) 745-6062 (781) 667-4915 This guy scammed me for 450$$ And must pay please get this man He must be foreign cuz he has an accent an I'm sure he is n illegal alien in the us please help me catch this so other ppl like me don't get scammed He scammed the same way you explained it he makes a new excuse every time I've tried getting my package re sent n he asked for money and told him I'm done paying him more money so I asked for a refund and he now won't give me one in another 6 days which I'm sure is a lie , if anyone else knows about this please let me know

judithh121 wrote:
He was spotted in Ramrod Key today.........His name came up on the Tag........Steve Harris.....Keeping track!! Let's work together to get this Scam artist in JAIL for LIFE!

John J.
Oct 27, 2013

I am so sorry that you got burned as well! He goes by several aliases! Steve Anderson, Steve Harris, David Harris and His real name is Michael Dean Kent! He was just evicted out of his house in the Keys within the last few months...Otherwise, I would have given you the address. Have no Clue where the Snake is now...but, If I get a new lead...You will be the first to know via Red Week! Really know your pain!!! :( And there will be others....He makes a living doing this! His Jail record is from Ohio...Right before he moved to Vero Beach and ripped off my kids as well!!

Judith H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.