Sheraton Vistana Villages

Resort vs Villages

Feb 06, 2013

Has anyone stayed at both? Which would you recommend and why? (Mom, Dad and an 11 yr old swimmer!) Usually stay at Marriott Grande Vista but thinking of trying something new this time. Also welcome any other suggestions.

Thank you!

Nancy H.
Feb 18, 2013

We have stayed at both multiple times. The resort has more pools and better poolside food options and a nice market. The villages also has a market but, last April, was smaller than the one at the resort. The villages also has a cool pirate ship water feature in one of 4 pools. That pool has patio bar as well but not food. The resort has bike rentals, mini golf. Both have activities and arcades for 11 year olds. We have tried to like one over the other but have never been able to pull that off. Enjoy either one you choose!!

Mike S.
Feb 18, 2013

Thank you! We did decide on the Resort because of the pools (my daughter is on a swim team so is REALLY a swimmer) Also for many of the reasons you stated. The activities and better food choices.

Sure we are going to the parks for a few days but mostly this is a mental health vacation. As much RnR as we can fit in!

Thank you for your reply! Maybe next trip we'll try the Villages!

Nancy H.
Feb 18, 2013

Enjoy!! It really is a nice place. We also have favorite restaurants. Macaroni Grill/Carabba's/Bahama Breeze/Johnny's Hideaway. I own in both places and due to some medical issues over the next couple of years will not be using our time. Knee replacement surgery on both knees.

Mike S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Feb 18, 2013 11:02 PM

Mar 03, 2013

Thank you! We did enjoy. The only things I had any issues with was it was SO huge that it took a while to get use to where we were going. Also didn't care for the busy highway it was on (vs south I drive where we usually stay at the Marriott Grande Vista)

We have stayed at many timeshare rentals and I would put this one 2nd or 3rd. Next time either our usual fav or we'll probably try the Villages since it's near the Marriott.

I appreciate the replies!

Nancy H.
Aug 14, 2013

Villages are newer!

Adrienne Marie Washington
Oct 19, 2014

Yes we own at both vacation properties. My husband and I personally prefer the Villages and its location which is upscale prestigious "International Drive". Our opinion follows: Vistana is more family oriented, many more activities going on for kids and is closer to Disney (crowded and busy). If your needs and likes are such you would prefer Vistana Resort. Our thoughts are the Resort is not as luxurious as the Villages. The Villages we truly love. We prefer an adult quiet relaxing setting with a magnificent waterfall pool, breath taking water views and landscaping. This Starwood Vistana " Villages" is similar to any Marriott vacation property (top notch). Villages staff are friendly, nice, very accommodating and quick to respond to a guest 😂

nannerfl wrote:
Has anyone stayed at both? Which would you recommend and why? (Mom, Dad and an 11 yr old swimmer!) Usually stay at Marriott Grande Vista but thinking of trying something new this time. Also welcome any other suggestions.

Thank you!

Nancy Ann R.
Jul 15, 2017

You can use pools at either place. Plenty of parking just drive over and enjoy trying the different set ups of pools. All are child friendly.

Teresa S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.