Marriott's Oceana Palms

Pools at Oceana Palms

Feb 17, 2013

We have stayed at Marriott OceanWatch in Myrtle Beach and love the pools. Our kids particularly like the water slide. Does this Marriott property have a water slide? I see that the hotel on Singer Island does. Also is it crowded now that the 2nd bldg is open?

Karen B.
Apr 11, 2013

At the resort now for the third time. It does not seem crowded at all since the new building opened. That has amazed me each time I come here. There are enough kids for my granddaughter (7)to play with but not too many. They mostly stay in one pool by the sprinklers and slide. I imagine it was a bit more crowded for Easter and school vacations.

Sharon D.
May 08, 2013

As the previous poster stated, there is a slide (and some sprinklers) at one end of the north pool. The kids play area is part of a larger, deeper pool so non-swimmers need to be watched very closely.

Stephanie
Jul 03, 2013

Oceana Palms does not have a water slide if by this you mean a large slide that kids of all ages can slide down. there is a small slide which is more for very young children. Otherwise the kiddie pool is shallow and limited and older kids will be pushed towards the adult pool.

I have a different take on the resort now that the second building opens. The resort is more peopled and feels more alive ( all positives ). The relatively narrow resort foot print & small pool deck limits space. Anticipate adult competition for prime pool deck spots because of the smallish overall space. There's chair saving going on for the "good spots" ( which will vary between sun and shade depending upon season ). Competition will likely be more intense for winter sun rather than summer sun because of how the building casts its shadow. How individuals react to this will be very subjective depending upon what your ultimte goal/prefererance is.

More families are coming to Oceana Palms than Marriott anticipates ( those hi-rise views are indeed enticing ). Lots of room on the beach if your family is more of a beach family. But Ocean Pointe remains the better choice if you are not a beach family as the larger campus and greater pool selection there works much better for pool-oriented families ( no slides at Ocean Pointe however).

Once again, it's all very subjective as to the sort of holiday visit one seeks.

Barry L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.