Feb 21, 2013

I' m not familiar with the Riverbend name. Do you mean Riverside? Also, Fairmont Vacation Villas is now known as Sunchaser Vacation Villas, Hillside, Riverside & Riverview.

Myron C.
May 06, 2013

Northwynd Properties has assessed a substantial refurbishment assessment ($4,000+) or you can pay 75% of the same assessment and give your timeshare back. This amounts to approx. $200,000 for each unit and the company justifies this by saying that they are going to put in flat screen TVs (are there any other kind?). In over 20 years, they have not refurbished most of the units. Where did our maintenance fees go ($50,000/unit/year).

I bought my timeshare upfront and have continued to pay rising maintenance costs (over $900) to the point that I don't think there is any value in it and they now want me to pay them to take it back?

Is anyone as angry as I am?

Sheila C.
May 10, 2013

well, we own at hillside and owe thousands of dollars for this renovation that is taking place. we are not happy campers.. never got any notice as to the renovations but just our invoices, with only 1 month notice to pay this!! I believe that their is not 1 happy owner that agrees to pay this. have been advised to not pay the bill.. let them come after us for the money.. we were always under the assumption that our maintenance fees covered this, which is stated in our original contract. we would love to give our timeshares back but you now have to pay, which is something we have never heard of before. we believe they are in financial trouble and trying to scam us for more money!!! have heard of some taking them to small claims court. is everyone paying the same price?? been told he heard of different prices.. what are your thoughts??

Virginia J.
May 23, 2013

We own an EOY odd years and were assessed just short of $2000. we were not offered to pay 3/4 of this and give it back but if we could we would do it.

as I posted elsewhere, I read a long time ago at Fairmont if you don't pay, you lose your timeshare. No hit to the credit rating. Is this true, I cannot find it anywhere now.

If you have your original documents, it should say so in them. Would you consider looking at yours and confirm this. It would be much appreciated.

Mark maleko121@gmail.com

Mark C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.