Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

StayPC Vacation Rentals

Mar 14, 2013

Hi I am new to Redweek and just posted our timeshare rental at the Harborside, Atlantis. I received an offer from the above company saying they have renters, I will get my full price and they add the commission on to the renters. Has anyone ever heard of them or used them? They have already sent me a contract, said I would receive 50% deposit and balance 90 days before the vacation date. I also have two inquiries by individuals, just wondering what is the best and safest way to go..Thanks

Barbara L.
Mar 15, 2013

StayPC is what is called a 'middle man' .... they peruse Redweek's 'for rent' section .... in other words they use Redweek to find their clients. My main question would be .... do they actually have a renter lined up or are they just putting you on a list with thousands of other owners and Stay PC may be waiting on a renter which they may or may not get.

If you sign a contract with them you may have to adhere to it. If you do sign the contract I would stipulate that if you find someone to rent your timeshare before they do then the contract will be null and void or the deal is off (this would have to be written in the contract).

If you have two other inquiries by individuals I would consider that before Stay PC, but be sure you have a rental agreement in place signed by both you and the renter .... you can search forums for sample rental agreements but you can modify it to suit yourself.

R P.
Mar 15, 2013

Hi, thanks for the info..here is exactly what I got from them today, so have to figure out how to proceed

Hi there Barbara,

We are a company that puts together the timeshare owners and our guests that are interested in a particular week. You will receive the full asking price you listed on Redweek. We can finalize immediately. We already have the guest's signed agreement and credit card authorized, so they're 100% ready to roll. If you would prefer, we can use your own agreement. You would receive the payment directly from us right away. You don't have to be paid through Paypal. We are happy to pay your through a check or bank wire. Whatever your preference is.

Barbara L.
Mar 15, 2013

Sounds like a scam to me. They make you an offer that is " too good to be true " and then you sign a contract without reading the fine print. If you take the time tro get out your magnifying glass and read all the fine print you will see that they can change the terms and you will be held responsible for a " fee " whether they have a renter or not. If you decide to give into the scammers please come back in here and let us know how much they took you for.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Mar 15, 2013 04:46 PM

Mar 16, 2013

There are many reputable members of TUG that have used StayPC and have been satisfied with their service .... you might want to read the post concerning w-9 forms though.

It just behooves me that people will hire a service to find a rental when they may have access to the internet and could have just as easily accessed Redweek and found their own rental (StayPC adds their commission onto the price owners ask) .... renters could save paying the rental service's commission by using Redweek themselves.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151082&highlight=stay+pc

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 16, 2013 09:21 AM

Jul 22, 2013

I have been a member of Redweek for several years. This was the first year that I listed two weeks for rental. I rented one week direct with the client, but was contacted by StayPC via the Redweek ad about the second week. They had the client, everything was handled via email, and I requested payment via PayPal. They paid a 50% down payment immediately, and the balance according to the contract. I was paid the full listing price promptly and was very pleased with the process. They use EchoSign for the contract process (exactly the method I chose for my own contract on the other week). Bottom line, you always have the upper hand, because you can always remove the name of the renter from the reservation if there are any problems with the money or process. I would be very happy to use them again.

Like jayjay stated, I can't understand people who rent through these companies when they can shop for themselves so easily. Maybe it is a trust thing, or they just have enough money to have someone else do the legwork for them. Who knows??

Donna P.
Sep 10, 2013

Hi - Just wanted to let you know that StayPC is not a scam. As others mentioned, they are a "middle man", and buy the week from us and sell it to their client. They contacted me via Red Week, sent the money via PayPal, and I added the name to the reservation. It all went very smoothly. The contract was very straight forward and reasonable for all parties. You are right, there are many scammers in the timeshare world, but this organization was totally legit with me.

donp196 wrote:
Sounds like a scam to me. They make you an offer that is " too good to be true " and then you sign a contract without reading the fine print. If you take the time tro get out your magnifying glass and read all the fine print you will see that they can change the terms and you will be held responsible for a " fee " whether they have a renter or not. If you decide to give into the scammers please come back in here and let us know how much they took you for.

Bridget M.
Oct 09, 2013

They contacted me for a timeshare I had for rent in Aruba.. I had not problem with them. I received my money on time and full asking price..I would use them again

Susan W.
Oct 30, 2013

Don P wrote a skeptical response to something he knew nothing about and re a contract he had never read . Forums are a great place for people to share knowledge. Don P does not appear to have any knowledge on this topic.

I received an email and phone call from Staypc on Sunday. The contract was very simple and easy to understand. I was cautious about ensign and not getting paid. I printed out the one page contract and inserted my terms that if they did not pay the deposit in 3 days void, if they miss final payment, void and forfeit deposit. I received 50% deposit and agreement to rent at my asking price on Monday. Who doesn't love this! They handle finding the tenant and all the communication, I get asking price and move on.

Why would anyone pay $3,000 to rent a week advertised for $2,200 on Redweek? They would not be the first idiots created. Like the question about the chicken and the egg, which came first: the timeshare developer or the naive buyer who bought their week retail?

David S.
Oct 30, 2013

I started this original thread about Stay PC. I listed my rental on redweek and was contacted by Stay PC. I was skeptical, but went ahead. I must say it was extremely easy, I received my check within three days and would definitely use them again, it was much better than waiting for someone on redweek to contact me and try to get it for much less.

Barbara L.
Dec 02, 2013

I rented a week at Atlantis to a client thru them. They are legit. Clean fast transaction.

Stephanie K.
Jan 21, 2015

Staypc is a very good company to deal with. They have been renting my timeshares for 3-4 years now. I get my full price and yes they do send 1/2 deposit and the other half in 90 days. I rather deal with them than getting people from my own ads.

Robert G
Feb 16, 2015

As an owner of 40 weeks at Marriott Newport Coast, I've been renting out some of my weeks with StayPC for the past 3-4 years and I have to say, they are my favorite 'middle man' to work with. Very fast, smooth and efficient e-signing system, they send in payments right away, and no BS. It's always a pleasure working with StayPC.

Taejoon TJ Kim-

Kim
May 10, 2015

I have used them many times and have gotten full payment up front. I'd use them again.

John B.
Aug 06, 2015

StayPC rented one of our units @ Atlantis Harborside last year and it worked out very well for us. They have clients looking for particular weeks in particular places and they make their money by charging their client more than what you're asking. They send a contract and everything and all rental money was delivered to us through PayPal in a timely fashion. If I had the opportunity, I would definitely rent through them again. I have used Redweek since 2012 and I have always been satisfied w/ the people who rent thru them. It has worked out very well for us...

Gail S.
Aug 06, 2015

As they said in their message to you, they already have a renter for your property. If you decide to go w/ them, you will have no worries. They professionally take care of almost everything.

Gail S.
Aug 06, 2015

Hi Barbara, I have done 3 rentals with StayPC and have nothing but good things to say about them...instant contract and payment. Sometimes the individual renters can seem like they are on fire and ready to go, then you send them a contract and they disappear. What weeks do you have at Harborside? I own quite a few weeks there and it is always good to know other owners in case one's renter wants multiple rooms. Best, Stephanie Newhouse

Stephanie K.
Aug 15, 2015

Júst wanted to let anyone out there know that we recently had a very positive experience with StayPC! We posted our week for Sept 2015 on RedWeek in late July. Within the first week we had a couple of private people ask about the week and then Stay PC contacted us. Since the rental period was only 7 weeks away, they said they had a customer who was interested in this week and that they would pay the full amount as soon as we signed the rental agreement. We signed the rental agreement, funds were received via PayPal and all were happy! The whole process only took 3 days and we couldn't believe how fast, easy and without any problems at all it was to work with StayPC. They definitely get our recommendation as a serious company to work with!

Sharon D.
Jan 13, 2016

they are great people to work with, honest and quick. I have used them three times with great success.. own at harborside

Al
Jan 18, 2016

Has anyone who has received payment other than PayPall from StayPC vacation rentals received a 1099 from them for tax purposes? Their TimeShare agreement states that all payments made other than Paypal will incur a 1099 filed. Would like to receive a check from them and am not sure if payment via Paypal account is the only way NOT to receive a 1099 from them.

Lynda D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.