Apr 06, 2013

I have a person that wants to trade me for his fractional ownership in this resort. He has a 1/4 ownership (13 weeks) in a studio. What is it worth? Fees? I have no idea about this type of ownership and what Id be getting myself into. I DO go to Tahoe frequently and rented one of these rooms...very nice. Any advise? Is it worth nothing? $5,000,$20,000? 25,000? Please help! Thank you.

Vinal M.
May 16, 2014

I did not see a response even though you posted over a year ago. I am a fractional owner at this resort. I have 13 weeks. I try to rent most of the prime season, occupy 2 or 3 weeks a year, and the rest I put in to Marriott Destinations.

I love the resort and the concept of fractional ownership. It gives me a lot of flexibility. Right now, there is a fair amount of inventory on the market including some summer and winter-only weeks as well as studios and fractional. A studio goes for around $20,000 depending on view. (Pool and mountain are the best.)

The fees are high, but if you calculate the per week cost, they are probably lower than a lot of other resorts. Remember, that your ownership is probably 13 weeks and so naturally the fees are higher. The typical 13-week HOA fee at the GRC is around $4,200 for a studio and $8,000 for a 1-bedroom.

Honestly, there are better deals to be had for 1-bedrooms than for studios.

Note that right now Marriott is not allowing "new" owners to contribute their newly owned weeks in to Destinations. IMHO, that stinks because I am seriously considering adding an additional fraction in a different quarter.

If you are still looking, let me know. I do love the resort and believe in this particular property.

Jim M.
May 21, 2018

I am a bit late to this forum. jimm623, are you still a fractional owner, and how has it been for you at the Marriott Grand Residence Club?

Clint H.
Jul 07, 2019

Would you be able to put me in touch with someone selling some of their fractional ownership?

Alec

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.