Royal Haciendas

Prospective Buyer Question: All Inclusive Fees Mandatory for Renters?

Apr 06, 2013

Hi,

I have stumbled on an excellent deal for an oceanfront unit. I am probably going to take the plunge.

Can someone please clarify the current policy re. "All Inclusive" fees with respect to renters? If I rent-out my unit via RedWeek will the renters be forced to pay the "All Inclusive" fees?

I sat in on a briefing re the topic late last year given by a Royal Resorts rep to some owners. As I recall, he claimed that non-owners that were not concurrent guests of an owner would have to pay AI fees. However, it sounded like the policy was still being developed.

I've heard rumors from friends that are current owners, but they never rent their units, so they don't have first hand experience.

Those of you that have rented your units out since RH has implemented AI: have your renters been forced to pay AI fees?

Thanks

Frank K.
Aug 06, 2013

I own at RH and yes renters must pay the AI fee.

David G.
Aug 13, 2013

No, if you rent a unit out, the person you rent to does not have to do the AI. Only those that are NOT a Royal Resort owner & rent either thru RR, Expedia, Trip Advisor, Orbitz , or one of those such COMPANIES would have to do the AI. I have been renting out one of my Royal Sands units in Cancun to the same family for the last 5 years & they do NOT have to get the AI.

Jeanne M.
Mar 17, 2016

Please advise as to what the AI rate is for a person for 1 week stay :)

I am thinking of booking a unit here !!

Thank you

Ilene

Ilene G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.