Travel Tips & Advice

Getting the most out of your Vacation Property

Apr 12, 2013

this is just my experience, ymmv.

my family and i have a timeshare in orlando that we love. we have 1 week down there every year (in an ok season) but we like taking longer, more relaxing vacations but we don't particularly want to own more vacation property. here was our solution (it might work for you):

plan two consecutive 1 week vacations. 1 at your vacation property (timeshare, summer home, apartment, whatever) and one on the way/nearby.

we are lucky enough to have family in georgia so some years we stay with them for the week leading up to or following our week in orlando. some years we take a much longer road trip (instead of flying) and stay at motels and hotels, hitting roadside attractions. one year we wanted to be in orlando for two weeks so we made reservations at a bed and breakfast.

our timeshare is a neat part of our vacation, but mixing it up keeps the monotony away.

anyway, i hope this wasn't totally obvious to everyone because the first year we did it changed our yearly vacation experience.

Natalie B.
Oct 12, 2016

Changing plans for vacation sounds terrific. Because I´m new on this timeshare business I got mine thinking its the best way to save some dollars...where do you get good deals for your second week?

Debbie G.
Oct 12, 2016

Many of us rent our extra weeks, or days if you are a points owner like me. Planning can get you your best deals. One way to save $ is reserve 12 nights at one place with only one weekend involved.

We do this a lot, saves money and 12 nights is a long vacation.

Dave
Apr 11, 2017

would you advertise here when you know you can't..........especially on a 4 yr. old thread. Guess I know :(

William P.

Last edited by williamp511 on Apr 11, 2017 06:19 AM

Apr 11, 2017

Redweek has been notified William .

Don P.
Apr 11, 2017

Thanks Don. Guess they couldn't read or understand what no advertising means..........

William P.
Apr 30, 2017

williamp511 wrote:
Thanks Don. Guess they couldn't read or understand what no advertising means..........

Unfortunately that happens a lot.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.