Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone know about rental companies recommended by Mayan Palace?

Oct 29, 2014

Hi all. this is my first year with this TimeShare. I tried calling the companies in the Mayan list... but while waiting in line I found this forum. As far as I can see there is not even one success in renting your weeks??!! if not with this companies, did anybody find another one?

Xrs R.
Oct 29, 2014

Did you pay any of these companies an upfront fee to rent out your unit? If so, that's a big no-no in the timeshare world. Once they have your money, there's zero incentive for them to try to rent it out. Even if they do try, there's no guarantee that it will rent out. At best, all they do is list it on their website for rental.

If you want to try to rent it out, advertise here on RedWeek, E-Bay, Craigslist, My Resort Network, or Timeshare Users Group (aka"TUG). Some are free to list while others charge a modest listing fee.

Also be aware that there is not a huge demand for rentals in Mexico right now. In fact, many owners are renting out their unit for less than what they're paying in maintenance fees. So be realistic in what you charge for the rental (ditto goes for when you try to sell).

Lance C.
Oct 29, 2014

I have never heard of anyone having success renting weeks out through any of the Mayan suggested agencies. They seem to take your listing fee and that is the end of that. People are successful in renting but generally only make enough to cover the MF's and maybe a little extra if they are lucky and have a fairly high demand week.

Tracey S.
Oct 30, 2014

Sorry to tell you but you'll be lucky to break even on the m/f if you can find a renter. Market is waaaay over stocked. If you bought for rental cancel it. Let me know if you don't know how to cancel. Stay away from anyone who has an upfront fee.....it's a rathole.

JW

xrsr wrote:
Hi all. this is my first year with this TimeShare. I tried calling the companies in the Mayan list... but while waiting in line I found this forum. As far as I can see there is not even one success in renting your weeks??!! if not with this companies, did anybody find another one?

John W.

Last edited by johnw1654 on Oct 30, 2014 07:58 PM

Oct 31, 2014

No use trying to contact them .... they're a scam operation.

R P.
Nov 01, 2014

Gregc322, how did you find CVM? What is there telephone number. Also, it says their web site is under construction. My contract states that I have to call them every January to give weeks to company. Have you been able to do that each year?

gregc322 wrote:
the Mayan recommended the golf network which would certainly rent the time share every year, or so I was told. I bought into CVM and have had them for 3 years, as of yet no rentals and now they do not return my e-mails and have changed the original telephone numbers. I just found them on google and will try to call them again.

Heather O.
Nov 02, 2014

Sorry for the bad news but the Mayan has stopped pitching rental and most of those rental company's are no longer around. You have zero chance of getting rental income unless you do it yourself, in which case you'll be lucky to recoup your m/fee. Next time you go to the resort tell every guest who will listen about what happened. ..be truthful.

heathero74 wrote:
Gregc322, how did you find CVM? What is there telephone number. Also, it says their web site is under construction. My contract states that I have to call them every January to give weeks to company. Have you been able to do that each year?

gregc322 wrote:
the Mayan recommended the golf network which would certainly rent the time share every year, or so I was told. I bought into CVM and have had them for 3 years, as of yet no rentals and now they do not return my e-mails and have changed the original telephone numbers. I just found them on google and will try to call them again.

John W.
Nov 02, 2014

SCAM!

Dave P.
Dec 31, 2014

I am a member of VIDA which is the Grand Mayan Resorts. I own 3 “Grand Luxxe” level weeks per year. Last year (2014), I used 2 weeks and wanted to sell my 3rd week. I contacted Ivan Segal, Member Services, at The Grand Mayan in Cabo San Lucas. Ivan emailed me a “Property Managers” PDF which listed 3 vacation rental companies. I was on the phone with Ivan and he recommended using Golf Network by CVM. I contacted this company and spoke to a lady named Emma. She said that there was a one-time fee of $599.00 plus tax so about $650.00 total. I paid this by credit card and she emailed me a contract with this company which was dated October 25, 2013. I authorized Emma to sell one of my 2014 weeks. She told me that they would and keep me informed. I contacted them twice since and spoke to Emma again. She said that they did not sell the week yet. I recently contacted this company and found that no one answered the phone there. I checked their websites and they were no longer active. I sent 3 emails and none of them were responded to. I contacted VIDA reservations and explained my situation. I was told by a gentleman there that other members had also complained about this company. VIDA recommended this company first amongst the 3 that they sent me. I am very frustrated and angry and feel ripped off of not only $650.00 but also lost one of my 2014 weeks. I could have gone through other means to sell that week or use it myself. The current maintenance fee is $1085.00 per week. Therefore, I am out over $1700.00 for 2014. Does anyone have any recourse? The only thing that that VIDA representative kept repeating is “Yes, I understand sir” which he said at least 5 times but offered no other help or info. Thank you for any help or guidance available.

rayw108 wrote:
A Mayan Palace sales rep recently recommended 5 companies for renting my Mayan Palace timeshare. I contacted two of them, Vacation Time Company and Golf Network by CVM. They sounded good and almost guaranteed they could rent my two bedroom unit for about $2000 net. If you have any knowledge, experience, or just an opinion of signing up with one of these companies, I'd appreciate a response. They require up-front fees of about $350 (good for life). I'm sure renting it myself would be cheaper, but I like the convenience of using one of these companies, assuming they're not ripping me off.

Andrew K.
Dec 31, 2014

Guys, sorry to tell you upfront fees mean you just flushed your money. CVM is gone! The Mayan has decided to pitch a different form of deceit. Forget about rental thru a third party if you can get it done yourselves you'll be lucky to breakeven on the m/f.

I know you were sold a bill of goods....a lot of people were.

Vida doesn’t dispute that these clients were lied to, and in fact this would be an unrealistic position as their notorious practices are well documented throughout the internet. What the company does say is that those promises made by the sales team are not consistent with the timeshare contract, and therefore Vida will not support the representations made by its sales teams. If the members choose to dispute their contract they must travel to Guadalajara, Mexico, hire a local attorney who is bilingual and file a case with an arbitration board. This would likely take eight months to two years of hearings to conclude, some of which would require the plaintiff’s attendance. Obviously this makes the likelihood for such a dispute, as well as its proper resolution all but impossible.

Its the prefect scam......they lure you with false credibility....and by the time you realize you were hosed its too late.

The only thing you can do is post like crazy in all the timeshare forums.....and send emails to their partners Cirque du Soleil, Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman ect.... If you go back to the resorts just tell everyone you can without being a pest. Even if its just one thing a week...post it!

Vida screwed you and they know it! Your move,.... as you experienced they can only offer empty words.......

Don't bother calling any others on that silly list.....100% scam top to bottom!!

the link below will blow you away

http://vida-vacations.pissedconsumer.com/

John

John W.

Last edited by johnw1654 on Dec 31, 2014 02:51 PM

Jan 03, 2015

Dear Ivan,

As you know I have posted here twice Nov. 19 and Dec. 23. We have attempted to resolve this off line numerous times and have been met with silence. The reason Ms. Rose stated my pleas will be ignored is because I have chosen to use a third party, this Ms. Rose states is "company policy". This is just another example of Vida taking advantage. As in any dispute a consumer has a right to seek counsel from anyone who may add depth of knowledge to their particular situation. Your contract does say I will need an attorney if I choose to fight this in a Mexican court, but you won't allow me to seek assistance otherwise.....absurd. Is this Vida's stated position, to deny consumers their rights?

Ivan if by chance you have not been involved in the decision making on my case up to this point we please ask you to review its facts.

1) Putting me on the phone with one of Brokers on the list your sales people so highly tout. This was done to overcome my reluctance to sign your contract, the brokers validated all the claims of rental demand/income made by the sales rep and his manager.

2) The Broker also guaranteed the resale of my Marriott timeshare through a program in which Mexican citizens who were seeking U.S. travel visa were paying top dollar for such weeks. Owning these weeks would guarantee them approval of said visas, and because mine is in the Orlando area he stated it would be sold in less than 60 days....guaranteed! No I don't have it in writing because I believed I was dealing with a truthful legitimate organization.

Sadly this is a pattern all to familiar when it comes to Vida sales tactics. As you can see I have never used my weeks nor received one dime of rental income and what has recently come to light about one of the listed brokers being indicted on federal fraud charge should only bolster my claim. Although I did not use Resort Rentals, the broker that was put on the phone with me during my presentation was GGC, also another scam operation based on the volume of complaints.

In my posting on Dec. 23 I asked for your intervention and have been met with silence. Are we to accept this as your approval of the duplicitous sales tactics employed by Vida's sales teams?

We anxiously await your reply.

Nadine

Nadine T.

Last edited by nadinet14 on Jan 03, 2015 07:08 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.