Timeshare Companies

International Brokers Inc. Scam? said they have a buyer - burned before in scam?

Sep 19, 2013

Anyone know of them, I can't find them in BBB. I lost about 5,000 before in closing costs stupidly - they claim nothing out of pocket.

Shirley Y.
Sep 19, 2013

They will eventually come up with a " fee " that has to be paid before they can complete the transaction. It's a scam. Don't get involved with them.

Don P.
Sep 19, 2013

Thanks - I was almost sure - did so more research - their address does not show them on google - no real numbers just toll free. Errors in their emails - bet they are out of the country and fleecing people like crazy like the other company did me. They were nowhere to be found when I wised up. Maybe I will try selling on Redweek.

Shirley Y.
Sep 20, 2013

And, they don't have a buyer all.

R P.
Sep 24, 2013

They contacted me a few days ago as well. The promise that they made to me was that they would send me a certified check and that I would pay their commision of 8% from that check once it clears.

I must say they have me curious but I will be mindful given the feedback above.

Shyam J.
Sep 24, 2013

Sounds like the phony check scam to me. The check will clear but later down the road it will turn out to be a fraudulent check and it will bounce after you send them the money. It's a scam that has been around a long time now. Don't fall for it.

Don P.
Sep 25, 2013

Thanks for the feedback! There email address has suddenly gone dark. I suspect that this is a sign of things to come : )

Shyam J.
Sep 25, 2013

shyamj wrote:
The promise that they made to me was that they would send me a certified check and that I would pay their commision of 8% from that check once it clears.

Just for the record, if this were a legitimate deal and the caller were a licensed real estate broker, legally he would have to send you a check for the sale amount minus his commission and any alleged fees or taxes that have to be paid.

Lance C.
Sep 26, 2013

We are in the middle of negotiating with International Brokers and our lawyer we are trying to verify this company.

lancec13 wrote:
shyamj wrote:
The promise that they made to me was that they would send me a certified check and that I would pay their commision of 8% from that check once it clears.

Just for the record, if this were a legitimate deal and the caller were a licensed real estate broker, legally he would have to send you a check for the sale amount minus his commission and any alleged fees or taxes that have to be paid.

Jane S.
Sep 26, 2013

When I spoke with the local BBB they were not registered. I am anxious / curious if they are legit. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Shyam J.
Nov 14, 2013

I have a timeshare at Fiesta Americana in Cabo. Mike Wright of International Brokers Inc initially assured me that no money would leave my pocket. Now they're asking for an 8% investment and transfer fee of $2520. He claims that this was the result of the Mexican government rejecting the fee payment from the buyer. Mike stated that this was an exception and that the buyer would add it to the final purchasing price. He said it wasn't happening with the other deals. Advice?

J L.

Last edited by jl289 on Nov 18, 2013 04:41 PM

Nov 15, 2013

Hi, any of you have any contact information to contact to someone of International Brokers INC?, I need to contact them but it is imposible

Please any information will be great-

Thanks

Carlos

Carlos G.
Nov 15, 2013

carlosg119 wrote:
Hi, any of you have any contact information to contact to someone of International Brokers INC?, I need to contact them but it is imposible

That's probably because the authorities are on to them and they've closed up shop and now operate their scam under a new name.

Or it might be that enough victims have realized they've been played and now the scam artists don't want to be found by the victims.

We hear of this all the time on these boards how they scam people, shut down, and then resurface under a new name.

Lance C.
Nov 16, 2013

A contact that claimed to be in their Legal Department is Edward P. Loo, 1 (866) 978 7921. I have not called this # recently.

Thanks to everyone here for responding to my posts. They stopped calling me after several weeks.

Shyam J.

Last edited by shyamj on Nov 16, 2013 06:14 AM

Nov 16, 2013

International Brokers Incorporated 706 Walnut St. Knoxville, TN 37902 Toll Free Number: 1-866-978-7921

The number will take you to a directory. Just press "5," and you should get Mike.

J L.
Nov 18, 2013

Glad you did not fall for it. I think these are the same people under a different name that scammed me out of about $2200 for each of 2 they were buying. Same Mexico excuse. For the people looking for them - I bet they have disappeared like they did with me when they were supposed to pay.

Shirley Y.
Dec 01, 2013

I was contacted by them as well- sounded too good to be true and the guy was pretty pushy- thanks to your comments I said NO THANK YOU- I just wanted to say thank you and I appreciate everyone who posted to expose these scammers

Rose S.
Dec 10, 2013

This is all very interesting, as I also have been contacted. However, so far they have not requested any money up front and said they would do a wire transfer to my bank. Not sure if I will pursue this or not.

Cheryl G.
Dec 10, 2013

Wait for it. There will be a scam somewhere whether it's a " fee " or they claim they will send you a check and then they want you to send the excess money to someone else and later you will find out that their check is a fraud. They will definitely try to get money from you.

Don P.
Dec 11, 2013

That's exactly how it started with me. They assured me that no money would ever be leaving my pocket. Any fees would be deducted after I was already paid. Only later did they say that I needed to pay a fee and that it was in my contract that this may occur. However, I have a recorded conversation assuring me that this would not. If you sign a contract, make sure that it stipulates that you will not have to pay any money out of pocket before receiving the full payment. Also, delete the part that states that you cannot post a negative review for 60 days after signing the contract. I'm waiting for my 60 days to expire.

J L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.