Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

stephanie martinez concierge realty

Oct 22, 2013

Has anyone dealt with Stephanie Martinez from concierge realty. It looks to be a legit company. I am new to this.

Brett B.
Oct 22, 2013

From my research, it seems Concierge Realty is a legitimate company to do business with. They are rated A- with the BBB and have had only one complaint that was resolved.

R P.
Oct 22, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. I thought it looked legit.

Brett B.
Oct 22, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. A ligitimate company will take their fees after the transaction is completed.

Don P.
Oct 23, 2013

brettb99 wrote:
Has anyone dealt with Stephanie Martinez from concierge realty. It looks to be a legit company. I am new to this.

What are you hoping to get done by using this company? What are they offering you?

Lance C.
Jan 03, 2014

HI, i AM WORKING WITH HER RIGHT NOW AND AM HAVING A LOT OF MONEY ISSUES WITH HER. PER THE RESORT SHE DOESNT EVEN OWN. CHARING FEE FOR THINGS. VERY UPSET TRYING TO CLEAR UP

Sharan L.
Jan 03, 2014

what is the issue?

Mark S.
Feb 13, 2014

Stephanie is an excellent, licensed agent. You re correct that she is not the owner of the interests that she rents. Concierge Realty is a licensed and regulated broker, so we are permitted to rent villas belonging to others. We routinely do so and have an impeccable track record.

What type of money issues are you having? We would like to clear up any outstanding items.

When you that she is "charging for things", there is a transaction fee of $25 which is clearly stated in our contract. This is much lower than agencies who typically charge $100 or more for this.

Please direct your concerns to Concierge Realty. We want to be certain that you are satisfied with your transaction.

Lynne
Feb 13, 2014

According to the FL Division of Corporations they're active and have been incorporated since 8/13/2010. They were licensed with the Florida Division of Consumer Services as a Seller of Travel on 8/26/13, and they have zero complaints. They were licensed with the FL Department of Business and Professional Regulation 4/13/2011. They're a registered real estate corporation, and you can see their broker and real estate associates here:

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/licenseRelation.asp?SID=&licid=4391764

Stephanie Martinez has been working for Concierge Realty since 1/17/2012, and she has zero complaints on her record (she was licensed as a real estate sales associate on 10/19/1998).

Michelle Donato is the registered broker. Seems to be a family operation to some extent since Karen and Michael Donato are officers of her other timeshare related corporations in Florida (Timeshare MD, Timeshare Concierge, and Luxury Timeshare Rentals).

I have found zero marks against their business or real estate licenses.

I can neither confirm nor deny the legitimacy of their business practices, but you can draw your own conclusion from this information.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Feb 13, 2014 04:30 PM

Feb 17, 2014

they just served as broker for me on a rental i did for a week (the owner did it through them instead of escrow agent). everything worked out fine.

Mark S.
Apr 29, 2014

I posted my timeshare for rent on Redweek and got a call from Dana at Concierge Realty about renting it for slightly less than the price I was asking, she said that she already had a renter who was interested. I investigated the firm and everything seemed to be Ok, per the discussion above. I was asked to add the name of the renter to the Marriott contract , which I did and send it to her, after signing online documents. I asked that the money be wired to my account, there were some issues with the wiring ( some of which were mine ) This was corrected. I have yet to receive the money, it has been about a week. Assuming they come through, If the wiring does not work, we will will go the check route. I would not do this again and would not recommend them. I will always get the money up front. This is a high end timeshare that rents for around $5000.00

Alex O.
Apr 30, 2014

A note from Concierge Realty: The gentleman who posted above received incorrect wire instructions from his bank, so the first wire was returned. We wired funds to the alternate account the same day that funds were returned. Yesterday, his bank rejected the wire, so we are sending a check via Fed Ex. We value the owners and guests who choose to work with us and will always follow through on payments, confirmations and our promises made.

Lynne
May 07, 2014

The second attempt at wiring the funds didn't work either so we ended up going the check route. This is odd because the instructions came directly from my bank, and I have done this before without issue. I received the monies via overnight mail and deposited the check which has now cleared. A couple of comments, first, the online signing system that is available as a download from a company in San Francisco, does nothing that I can see for the owner who is renting. ( except perhaps establish a level of legality about the transaction ) It does protect the realtor / renter in guaranteeing that the rental property. The second issue I had was that of unsolicited phone calls, which are never popular with me. I received a call from Dana, but never supplied her with my phone number. I asked how she got it, the response was that I was in their "database". Since I had never had dealings with them before, this seemed odd. I subsequently found out that they had access to Marriott's database ( and the reservation information) and because of that they had my phone number. The biggest issue I have with renting through this firm is not getting the money upfront, before the reservation is assigned to the renter. Other firms provide the money up front, this is route I will take next year, if I decide to rent my timeshare.

Alex O.
May 07, 2014

Try putting their telephone number on your 'do not call' list:

https://www.donotcall.gov/

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on May 07, 2014 08:55 AM

May 07, 2014

This would not have worked in this case since they had the number through Marriott. The do not call is for phone marketers.

Alex O.
May 07, 2014

I have spoken to Concierge Realty again and I promised them a further update. Apparently I did contact them last year and that is how they got my number, not through Marriott. I had forgotten about this. Also, if you give someone your reservation number ( which I did in this case ) they can go to Marriott.com, type in the reservation number and get all the particulars about the reservation, including the phone number, email etc. So anyone can do this. Can't say I care for this, but this is Marriott's issue. It is the phone number an email that causes concern.

Alex O.
May 08, 2014

alex419 wrote:
This would not have worked in this case since they had the number through Marriott. The do not call is for phone marketers.

'Do Not Call' is for any telephone number that you don't want calling you .... not just telemarketers.

R P.
Feb 16, 2015

I have three things to say from Concierge Realty. First was this past December we were in Aruba for three weeks and observed in the Aruba daily newspaper an ad that was placed for a 3 bdrm unit for fixed weeks 51 and 52 at a price we deemed reasonable. When speaking with an agent (don't remember her name) she told us the actual price was DOUBLE what was listed in the newspaper. She claimed it was an error in the ad, however, that erroneous error remained for the next two weeks.

Second and most disturbing issue was what happened to friends of ours. They rented two weeks from this company and to make a very long story short, a few days prior to leaving they noticed that for their first week they had an actual confirmation number but for the second week they had an id number. When they asked Concierge Realty to provide the proper confirmation number for the second week, they were reassured not to worry and they would get it upon arrival. Upon arrival they still didn't have a confirmation number and a few days before they were to start second week it was relayed to them there was, in fact, no second reservation!! However, this company new about the situation many days before ever letting them know about it. While the company agreed to pay/cover costs of this family, this is not the way you want to spend your vacation (having to worry about this and in the end having to spend the last week of vacation moving every few days). My last story is from another friend of mine who rented their unit to Concierge Realty who would inturn rent to someone else. They agreed upon a price after the agent tried hard to get my friend to lower her price. She would not budge so the agent agreed and sent out the contract. Upon reading the contract she saw that the agent had marked in the amount $400 LOWER than the agreed upon price. Had she not read the contract fully, she would have signed it and then been out the money. But the best part is when she confronted the agent, the agent's reply was that she thought she would negotiate her price. Friend was furious as agent knew this was not going to happen. She then insisted payment be made via paypal to ensure all monies were received. I had always heard that this was a reputable company but after these three incidents that happened over a few months, I am not sure. Anyone else have any issues?

Mark M.
Feb 17, 2015

Wow so many recent reports of problems with brokers.

Tracey S.
Apr 01, 2015

Was just contacted by Concierge offering to 'rent my week' for far below our price. Told them we are not interested, yet continue to get emails from them. We use Redweek so that we can go direct to those interested in renting our property directly -we have no interest in having our renters subject to paying upcharges so that a third party can get involved. Sounds like everyone needs to do their due diligence. I am glad I read these reviews as it further solidifies our decision to conduct our own business.

Kelly B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.