Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Think twice before renting out

Jan 14, 2014

As a renter I will not pay for a membership just to get contact info. I am sure you would rent out many more timeshares without making a potential renter pay for membership.

Dj C.
Jan 14, 2014

djc10 wrote:
As a renter I will not pay for a membership just to get contact info.

But many potential renters (and buyers) do use RedWeek despite its membership charge. The membership fee is very reasonable. Also, charging for membership reduces the number of spammers and potential scam artists.

But, if you choose not to use RedWeek, that's your choice and your right to do so. Just remember that you're missing out on a lot of potential good deals.

Lance C.
Jan 15, 2014

djc10 wrote:
As a renter I will not pay for a membership just to get contact info. I am sure you would rent out many more timeshares without making a potential renter pay for membership.

Why would you think that a potential renter shouldn't pay for a Redweek membership? Redweek is a business, not a charity. If potential renters didn't have to pay I can only imagine all the scammers and spammers that would be contacting owners ..... it's to PROTECT owners

R P.
Jan 16, 2014

If someone is willing to spend $1500 on a timeshare rental - I would think the membership fee is a rounding error - especially considering the possible savings from getting a better price.

Matthias S.
Jan 19, 2014

The Redweek membership is an inexpensive way to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars on timeshare rentals or purchases. I would be a member just to see what the real market value is of my timeshare. I've gotten great advice here in the forums that will keep me from making big mistakes in the future, like getting caught up in the "add a week" fever that sometimes occurs when I visit my home resort.

Traci W.
Feb 11, 2014

So I listened to the feedback and joined, however I have now inquired on 7 adds that are and have been listed as available for rent and all but one has responded saying it has been rented yet days later they are showing still available. I am starting to wonder if my initial thoughts were correct.

Dj C.
Feb 11, 2014

djc10 wrote:
So I listened to the feedback and joined, however I have now inquired on 7 adds that are and have been listed as available for rent and all but one has responded saying it has been rented yet days later they are showing still available. I am starting to wonder if my initial thoughts were correct.

It's the ad owner's responsibility to post 'rented' or 'sold' on their ads .... Redweek has no control if they don't do so .... just keep looking and inquiring to owners.

R P.
Feb 11, 2014

I've asked some of the same questions before. If you can't find anything you are looking for, you can contract Redweek for a refund for the membership fee within 30 days of joining. It is frustrating to have to set up an account and pay just to enquirer but at least you can get your money back.

From the FAQ How do I inquire about a posting? You will need to contact the owner of the posting directly. You can send an e-mail inquiry in the "Details & Contact" section of any posting page. Membership is required, but if you are unable to complete the transaction, please contact us within 30 days for a full refund of your membership fee.

Tracey S.
Mar 10, 2014

I thought the same thing about joining that the small fee would at least keep most spammers out of the system from wasting an owners time to hopefully not spamming a listing either. I joined to find a timeshare rental for April and so far the 3 owners I have contacted have all returned my email. Now just have to figure out the payment on here and trusting that factor but so far a good experience all around.

Bob S.
Mar 11, 2014

bobs1059 wrote:
I thought the same thing about joining that the small fee would at least keep most spammers out of the system from wasting an owners time to hopefully not spamming a listing either. I joined to find a timeshare rental for April and so far the 3 owners I have contacted have all returned my email. Now just have to figure out the payment on here and trusting that factor but so far a good experience all around.

Kudos to you .... be sure that there's a rental contract in place stipulating the terms of the rental, how payment should be made and signed by both you and the owner .... 'search forums' for sample rental contracts.

R P.
Dec 17, 2014

I have my timeshare rental advertised on VRBO and they do not charge me to post or renters to view. They make money if they find a client for my unit. So far I've only been contacted by legitimate prospects.

Liliana D.
Dec 19, 2014

How do you expect this company to pay for this website so YOU can use it without paying? Consider that you probably spend the $14.99 for membership in ONE day on two or three cups of Starbucks coffee. $14.99 is less than 4 gallons of gas. $14.99 is what you typically pay for a meal at Ruby Tuesday restaurants and it is the same cost as two glasses or less of wine at a restaurant.

we the members pay for this site and if you want to find a great deal and save yourself lots of money $14.99 is a small price to pay for that privilege.

Cheap are you?

Helen S.
Feb 13, 2015

I just joined yesterday but heard great things about redweek for many years. My sister posted two of my weeks last year on redweek and both rented quickly. I have already gotten 3 inquiries from yesterdays post. It is a very legit place. I have 1 million points and plan to use redweek often. Rick

Rick V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.