Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club

Maintanence fees for every other year ownership

Jan 18, 2014

We're thinking of buying a Waihoai every-other-year unit. How do the maintenance fees work? Do you pay half of the fee every year, or do you pay the full maintenance fee for the year the unit is yours?

Barbara K.
Feb 13, 2014

You pay the maintenance fees each year, even tho' you only have every other year ownership.

John H.
May 29, 2014

Please know that the every year payment is 50% of the full amount. So, they just spread the payment out.

M M.
May 29, 2014

You pay half of the overall maintenance fee every year. I am an owner there and have same kind of ownership.

Jeffrey W.
May 30, 2014

Thanks everyone. Very helpful.

Barbara K.
Jul 15, 2014

My wife and I bought a week in 2003 even before the building was finished in '04 and later bought two full every weeks and an odd and an even. I think we know something about this useage. When owning was the only way to use this property in the early years, I am not convinced it's a good deal now. We paid about $38,000 for both the odd and even and Marriott just bought our interests in July 2014 for a net of $6,700, plus the fact we paid the annual dues yearly. We could have stayed at a four seasons for that price. Time shares are for people who "think" they're getting a real deal. What they're getting is a real screwing. Don't get me wrong: we enjoyed the property tremendously for over ten years. It's a great place but not at the final tag. It's a fool's deal. Use Redweek to get a week from the owner.

barbarak156 wrote:
Thanks everyone. Very helpful.

Marshall B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.