Travel Tips & Advice

Planning a trip to Southern California

Jan 29, 2014

I am looking for advice on where to stay in Southern California when visiting the week of New Year's. This is a small family vacation and we are hoping to visit Disneyland and the Hollywood sites. Also, San Diego and Las Vegas. My ideal location to stay is the Marriott Newport Coast Villas but am hoping for suggestions.

Thank you!

Lisa R.
Jan 29, 2014

For Disneyland Dolphins Cove is very close. It's not fancy but very nice place.

Don P.
Feb 01, 2014

We stayed at Riviera Beach Resort & Spa in Capistrano Beach which is between Los Angeles and San Diego and very close to Dana Point Marina.The unit we stayed in had an ocean front view with the highway and Amtrak tracks in between (did not deter our view). It was a very nice and well appointed resort. We took the Amtrak from San Juan Capistrano to San Diego .... Amtrak also goes to Los Angeles.

R P.
Feb 11, 2014

1 week is not enough time to do it all. If you have kids, just go to disneyland, shop the internet for the best day packages and just go and enjoy. Charles

Charles K.
May 12, 2016

You must visit Orange beach a beautiful place with lots of breath taking sites to view and and And also have luxury orange beach resort providing full comfort and relaxation

Carlos W.

Last edited by carlosw21 on May 12, 2016 04:04 AM

Jan 30, 2018

Anyone know about the rent of "Rancho valensia resort &spa" for 1 week.i am hoping for suggestions. Thank you!

Etta J.
Jul 23, 2018

Marriott Newport Coast Villas is really a good option to stay in California. I visited California last month with my family for summer vacations and stayed at this hotel. It is situated at a great location and we really enjoyed a three-night stay at this lovely hotel. Many great memories were made and I especially enjoyed hiking and exploring the resort. I greatly recommend everyone to visit there.

Lynn F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.