Timeshare Companies

Has anyone dealt with SkyLine Vacation Club?

Jun 04, 2015

I'll let Redweek deal with you.

Don P.
Jun 04, 2015

A company called Suite Life also out of Canada has numerous complaints against it in the forum. Avoid these companies like the plague. They promise you the world and once they get your money all you get is a run around.

Don P.
Jun 04, 2015

Wise decision coz I have nothing to lose/gain or hide.

I can even talk to you on the phone if it helps.

Robin N.
Jun 04, 2015

Take a hike with your scam company. There are thousands of companies out there that advertise without having to use shills like you. Every time you post your scam company I will warn people to avoid you. A company likes this has to be pretty low to use shills to promote their business and think everyone is stupid enough to believe you.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jun 04, 2015 03:35 PM

Jun 04, 2015

"We sat through a presentation and ended up buying a 50 year membership, of course while being worried about how we've potentially sunk around $35K of our hard-earned money."

Even if all the benefits you mentioned are true, do you really think that those perks are worth $35,000? If you don't have $35k right now, think about all the money you are shelling out in interest. If you were able to pay the whole shebang now, think about how much interest that $35k could have been earning you.

You say it's a 50-yr. membership. Do you know what your life will be like 50 years from now? Heck, you might not even be alive then. Do you know what will happen even 10 years from now. Circumstances in life change. You could lose your job. Your health situation could make traveling difficult or even impossible.

And as for these costs of a 2-BR condo, I suggest you check thoroughly many reputable timeshare resale and rental websites such as here on RedWeek. There will be many being offered for rent for a lot less than $350 per night. And you only have to pay a modest annual $15 membership fee. E-Bay will charge you nothing.

But, hey. It's your $35,000. I certainly wish I had a spare $35k sitting around that I could squander on a travel membership.

Lance C.
Jun 05, 2015

Wow... so much hate on these forums... didn't know this place was surrounded by donp196 and lancec13 the financial advisor who like to close their ears up and keep repeating "na na na na na" just to make themselves heard without hearing anyone else out...

People are free to do what they want... to each their own I guess.

Cheers!

Robin N.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 05, 2015 07:21 AM

Jun 05, 2015

"People are free to do what they want... to each their own I guess."

I totally agree. That's why I concluded my previous post with "It's your $35,000."

And, no, I didn't "close [my] ears up". I read your entire first post.

Lance C.
Jun 06, 2015

Lance it's amazing how stupid these companies think people are coming in here posing as satisfied customers trying to get others to part with $ 35,000 like it's $ 35.00. First rule is NEVER buy from a developer. Second rule is that vacation clubs are closing down faster then ice cream shops on a cold winter day. Anyone reading the posts about vacation clubs and still gives them a large sum of money deserves to lose it. We can only warn people about these scams but there will always be a sucker out there that falls for their scam. We did our parts.

Don P.
Feb 26, 2019

Robin,

Sorry to burst your bubble but that $35,000 contract could have been purchased on eBay or through a reseller for a 10th of the price. In fact some people will sell for $1 just to get out of it. You fail to mention your annual maintenance fees, RCI membership fees and exchange fees. And keep in mind this fees rise yearly. I'm speaking from experience here. We just finished a 30 year lease agreement with Villa Del Palmar and are so happy it's done with. Sorry to tell you that it's a bad investment but at least you'll be forced to take a vacation every year and that's a good thing!

Gerry P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.