Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Does anyone know that the timeshare can be rented ?

Mar 12, 2014

then with proper notice that the time share week can be exchanged if you decide to want to go to another location?

Yolanda F.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 12, 2014 10:03 PM

Mar 13, 2014

If the initial week is an exchange then this cannot be done .... if the week is not an exchange and you own the week then you can deposit it with your exchange company and exchange it.

R P.
Nov 10, 2014

jayjay wrote:
If the initial week is an exchange then this cannot be done .... if the week is not an exchange and you own the week then you can deposit it with your exchange company and exchange it.

Why is that? Aren't we the owners who have paid a goodly sum for the timeshare that we hold a deed to. Why can a company dictate when we can rent it out?

Gina F.
Nov 10, 2014

The company can dictate the rules because you agreed to those rules when you became a member. It's their sandlot and they make the rules. If you don't like it don't become a member and don't deposit your unit with them. If you want to rent out the unit you own and pay MF;s on you can. You just can't rent out someone elses unit without their permission. And according to the rules you agreed to, once you deposit your week with RCI or II then the week belongs to them and they are just letting you use (but not have complete control or ownership of) one that someone else relinquished.

I know that when I rent out my own units I put in a clause in the agreement that prohibits the renter from turning around and renting it to someone else without my express permission.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.