Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

PAYING THE FEE FOR RENTING THE UNIT

Mar 14, 2014

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR A RENTER OF A TIME SHARE UNIT TO PAY THE RENTEE FOR THE WEEKS USE??

Lawrence E.
Mar 14, 2014

Pay Pal is usually recommended.

Lance C.
Mar 15, 2014

And a rental contract should be in place stipulating the terms of the rental and signed by both you and the owner.

R P.
Mar 29, 2014

If you do not want to deal with PayPal, the fee is higher, but Money Gram is a way to get money to the renter quickly. I would check out the max amount allowed to be transferred, but if you do it online, it costs more and your credit card is charged like a cash advance fee. I understand it can be done in person for less. Locations are easy to find, like CVS, or a nearby supermarket. Western Union is another option, but I think their fees are higher, I have no experience with them. Then there is good old snail-mail! (Get a return receipt, so you know it was delivered, if really concerned, restrict the return receipt to them or someone at the address to sign for it.)

C S.
Mar 30, 2014

I just used the Escrow Service. It was fast, easy and safe. Kim was excellent with getting everything done smoothly and we are both protected.

Jeanne Y.
Apr 23, 2014

If you send a check to the owner How do you know it is safe ? I know the cancel check but does redweek make sure the owners liget ?

Karen E.
Apr 23, 2014

You can use an escrow company or use paypal so you have the ability to dispute the charge if something goes wrong.

Don P.
Apr 24, 2014

Redweek is not involved in the transaction between owner and renter ..... they are merely a timeshare sell/rent ad site. To make sure the owner is legit there should be a rental agreement in place stipulating the terms of the rental and signed by both the owner and the renter (search forums for sample rental agreements). The agreement should include how payment should be made. I would never rent from an owner without a rental agreement. I also agree with donp that Paypal is a good way to pay .... I never order anything from a vendor on the internet that doesn't use Paypal and it's easy to open a Paypal account.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 24, 2014 10:14 AM

May 02, 2014

I am an owner and I accept paypal. If it is well in advance, I sometimes accept personal (USA) check as well. I also provide a rental agreement (brief) or a rental contract if the renter requests one. A renter also may request an invoice from paypal that stipulates what you are paying for. I usually have repeat renters and the subsequent rentals are easy. Paypal does charge a fee, but it is very convenient, even for fairly last minute deals.

Ann G

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.