Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Anyone hear of Buyers World of Timeshares ?

Mar 30, 2014

I tried to do some research but can't find anything. I want to find out if they are a scam or not. Thanks.

Harry R.
Mar 30, 2014

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare. If they ask for any money upfront for anything run as fast as you can. All companies that ask for upfront money are scams !!

Don P.
Mar 30, 2014

harryr34 wrote:
I tried to do some research but can't find anything. I want to find out if they are a scam or not. Thanks.

Why are you doing research about them? What are you trying to get out of their services? Did they phone you up unexpectedly offering you something?

The fact that you can't find anything about them is a likely indication of a scam. Many timeshare scam companies change their names very often, especially when their previous aliases get exposed.

Could you please give more details as to why you are researching this company?

Lance C.
Mar 30, 2014

I have thought about selling our timeshare and I know not to pay up front(even Redweek wants money upfront). Just trying to check out other companies before I decide if I want to use them or not. Thanks.

Harry R.
Mar 30, 2014

harryr34 wrote:

I couldn't even find a website. If you have a website or the state they're operating out of I can find you more information. I checked Florida just because it's Florida, but nothing came up with the Division of Corporations under that name even as a DBA.

J V.
Mar 31, 2014

harryr34 wrote:
I have thought about selling our timeshare and I know not to pay up front(even Redweek wants money upfront).

RedWeek charges a modest fee for advertising. That is quite common in the world of selling and renting timeshares. What you have to watch out for are companies that charge hundreds/thousands of dollars upfront.

The scam part of these companies is that they say the large fee is for commission, closing costs, etc. to facilitate the sale but then they do nothing to sell it except list it on their website.

If you want to sell yours, make sure you're aware of the resale value. The scam companies tell you that your unit is worth greater than what you paid for it when, in reality, it might be worth around zero dollars.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.