Point Systems

Another timeshare virgin with a question...

Jul 04, 2014

My wife and I recently bought into Vacation Village Grandview in Las Vegas, one year ago. We were deeded week 10, which just happens to be race week in Vegas. It is biennial, one bedroom, and we were approached about the whole points business. They offered to pay the conversion fee as long as we upgraded to an annual, but we lose our deeded week 10 and it changes to week 9. It seems to me that they really want my week 10 due to the high demand. I truly don't understand the whole system yet, but would love some input from some of you veteran timeshare owners. We have the papers to convert, but I have a bad feeling about giving up my deeded week. Not to mention they have already cashed the down payment without any of the papers being signed. Does this sound fishy??? Thanks everyone!

Don B.
Jul 04, 2014

I would never convert to points. If it ain't broke.. don't fix it. Like you said you have race week... why give that up ?

Don P.
Jul 04, 2014

They want your money. If you like what you have don't upgrade. I'm sure you would be overpaying since you are dealing with the developer but if you want points and you want to keep a deed for week 10 then tell them you will only do so if you keep the same week.

If you signed a contract make sure you rescind within the allowed time and don't let them stall you until it is too late.

Tracey S.
Jul 11, 2014

Agreed

donp196 wrote:
I would never convert to points. If it ain't broke.. don't fix it. Like you said you have race week... why give that up ?

Dawn T.
Jul 12, 2014

Anyone considering changing from their original weeks to points please take the time to read the contract completely. If you read carefully and thoroughly you will notice that all of the rules benefit the developer and there are so many obligations for owners. There is nothing in the contract that protects your rights as an owner but gives the developer the ability to deny you use at their discretion. Like Tracey states if you are happy with what you have keep it. The new contracts favor only the developer and not the owner.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 12, 2014 03:17 PM

Jul 12, 2014

donb399 wrote:
My wife and I recently bought into Vacation Village Grandview in Las Vegas, one year ago. We were deeded week 10, which just happens to be race week in Vegas. It is biennial, one bedroom, and we were approached about the whole points business. They offered to pay the conversion fee as long as we upgraded to an annual, but we lose our deeded week 10 and it changes to week 9. It seems to me that they really want my week 10 due to the high demand. I truly don't understand the whole system yet, but would love some input from some of you veteran timeshare owners. We have the papers to convert, but I have a bad feeling about giving up my deeded week. Not to mention they have already cashed the down payment without any of the papers being signed. Does this sound fishy??? Thanks everyone!

Do not give up your prime week, it is evident they want it pretty bad. Look at your options. Why would they cash down payment without signature. I smell something.

Wesley S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.