Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Club Intrawest-question about purchase rules

Sep 09, 2014

Hey all. My spouse and I went to a Club Intrawest presentation last year. We decided not to buy and were offered a one year trial membership for about the cost of what a week long trip would be for our family. We accepted. We do have to attend yet another presentation at the conclusion of our year. While we really have enjoyed our trip we decided buying after market was a much smarter way to spend our dollars. I do remember the sales person (who was really a piece of work) mention some kind of penalty if we bought after market after attending a presentation. Of course I can't find any mention of that in our 1 year trial membership agreement. Does anyone know anything about this?

Kitt D.
Sep 10, 2014

kittd wrote:
I do remember the sales person (who was really a piece of work) mention some kind of penalty if we bought after market after attending a presentation. Of course I can't find any mention of that in our 1 year trial membership agreement.

These sales people are absolutely notorious for lying, stretching the truth, exaggerating, and twisting numbers. I would read your contract very carefully and not trust what the sales person said.

Frankly, I don't see what sort of "penalty" could be assessed for buying resale. You might not have all the perks that you would get from buying from the presentation but those perks rarely compensate for the extra you pay buying retail.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.