Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Found a buyer: how do we transfer ownership and close my deeded California timeshare?

Sep 11, 2014

I have found a buyer for my timeshare at the Carlsbad Inn. The buyer and I have been in touch for some days. We are looking for an affordable way to handle the sale and are both checking on replies posted here, as we want to together decide which company to use for the closing. We'd prefer to deal with a company in SoCal but are open to others.

Can anyone recommend some reputable companies for us to consider. Thanks!

Laurie B.
Sep 11, 2014

laurieb55 wrote:
Can anyone recommend some reputable companies for us to consider. Thanks!

Some that come highly recommended are:

JRA Transfers (timeshareresaleclosings.com)

Timeshare Transfer (timesharetransfer.com)

Legal Timeshare Transfers (lttransfers.com)

Lance C.
Sep 11, 2014

Does it matter if a timeshare transfer company is located in a different state? For example, I think JRA is in Florida.

Thanks.

Laurie B.
Sep 12, 2014

No, doesn't matter.

R P.
Sep 23, 2014

If you both trust each other to conduct a legitimate transaction, suggest you contact your timeshare directly. Although not involved with the transfer of funds for the sale...... Many will complete the required transfer of deed documents internally for a minimum fee, requiring that your signatures be notarized. If you know your buyer, this is a very low cost alternative.

Neil M.
Sep 23, 2014

Had the buyers been family members, this would've worked. We ended up using Chicago Title to handle it. We are all okay with this, as both sides feel protected. Thanks.

Laurie B.
Sep 23, 2014

Be careful there were some posts about scam buyers wanting to use Chicago Title. Make sure you are contacting the company direct and not going through a link provided by the buyer and if the buyer is hearing impaired and his/her agent is out of the country and wants to send you a check run...

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.