Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Bought Timeshare on Ebay in Jan. Think I was scammed !

Sep 19, 2014

Help ! I bought a Timeshare in Jan. from a 3rd party seller in Jan.on EBay.It was for 60.500 RCI points every other year At Festive resort in Orlando for this years usage.I did on online check for price plus this years fees.For 2 months I kept checking with the closing company & resort to see if the paper work had gone through and give them my RCI membership #. In June the resort has the paper work and says it will be another 4-6 til I get the points in my account.Now their claiming its for 2016 usage,when all my paper work says this year.I've the felling they gave the points to the old owners.I've even google & called them ,but they don't seem to want to help.Any suggestion,I hate to spend money on a lawyer when price & fee was only $563.

Pat S.
Sep 19, 2014

Who was the seller? Some are more reputable (and better at correcting mistakes). It may be that the original owner unbeknownst to the seller decided to use the points (which they were not entitled to do) while still on the books as the owner during the closing process. A reputable seller would either refund the amount of the mf or find points from somewhere else and transfer them into your account. It's also possible that you have nothing to worry about and the points will be there when your account is set up. It sounds like you talked to the resort and from their perspective points are released to be borrowed from, one year before the use year so the first year they will officially deposit in your account is 2016 with the ability for you to borrow in 2015.

Tracey S.
Sep 20, 2014

Tried calling seller,Sell Timeshare.org, numerous times ,phone disconnected & no longer a seller on EBay.Have had RCI account for 20 years,called them also no help.Don't know if this would help,but copy of deed I have has the sales year as 2012 not 2014.

Pat S.

Last edited by patschroff on Sep 20, 2014 07:48 AM

Sep 20, 2014

Did you use paypal to pay for the transaction ? If you did you might still be able to dispute the charge and use them as a tool to rescind the transaction. Did you check to see what rating the seller had with Ebay before you purchased the points ? It's important to use a top rated seller on Ebay.

Like Tracy stated things might still work out for you but be persistent and do your homework. Contact the home resort and request all information about your ownership status. Then take it from there.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.