Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

New to renting my Maui Marriott Ocean Club week...now what

Sep 24, 2014

I have a buyer for my Christmas week (which we really priced too low...oh well), and not sure of next steps???? Te rental price is given up front, correct? Do I call resort and change names on reservation? It's our first time renting it out.....

Thanks

Kim B.
Sep 24, 2014

First, you need to have a rental agreement in place stipulating the terms of the rental and signed by both you (the owner) and the renter (you can 'search forums' for sample rental agreements). I recommend that you and the renter join paypal.com as it's the easiest, safest and most reliable way to transfer funds.

R P.
Sep 24, 2014

Just be aware some renters are apprehensive to paypal as they are not protected from scammers. Timeshare anything is one of the only exclusions! Please be aware of this. This goes for those of you buying resales as well and trust me they know this. We do all of our agreements electronically thru echosign

Angela R.
Oct 17, 2014

What do you mean timeshare anything?

Brian M.
Oct 18, 2014

I mean they don't protect the buyer in any transactions related to timeshare. Including resales and rentals. The people buying or renting have zero protection from the listing party to just take their money.

Angela R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 18, 2014 09:26 PM

Oct 19, 2014

Thanks please look out for my private email I sent.

Brian M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.