Pacific Fantasy

Any Pacific Fantasy Owners (PFTSOA) @ the Pono Kai Resort out there?

Oct 05, 2014

Just wondering if there are any Pacific Fantasy TimeShare owners from the Pono Kai Resort on the forums?

Looking to hear from PFTSOA owners only, please.

I have noticed over the years a lack of communication with the Pacific Fantasy owners, since we are only a few.

Anyone have a current website to get info that isn't detailed for the Pono Kai Interval Owners Association (PKIOA). I have an email for the board, but I can't seem to find anything geared specifically for us PFTSOA owners.

We used to get great communication from the various association management companies over the years, and then it dropped off the last few years of Blue Green managing. I'm hoping with Pohaku, communication and possibly a webpage geared toward Pacific Fantasy issues will improve.

I used to love getting sent a yearly breakdown of where all of our maintenance fees were going, and some info on when any repairs or refurbishments was happening to the 17 Pacific Fantasy units. Now, I'm lucky we even receive our proxy's with a generic letter!

Anyone else out there that cares about their Pacific Fantasy ownership?

Thank You!!!

C S.
Mar 19, 2015

I'm hoping to met with Peter as we're here for two weeks and just before the upcoming annual meeting in April. Personally I never had any issues w/Bluegreen. At this point I don't even know how long our contract is with Pohaku. This has been our first experience reserving through Pohaku and it was not pleasant! We own 1-bed, garden, asked for loft and informed I don't own one and not entitled to one. Hello...upgrade, per our rules! I was booking 6 months out and haven't ever had a problem upgrading. Last I knew mgmt. companies work for us!

Lynne A.
Mar 19, 2015

lynnea26 wrote:
I'm hoping to met with Peter as we're here for two weeks and just before the upcoming annual meeting in April. Personally I never had any issues w/Bluegreen. At this point I don't even know how long our contract is with Pohaku. This has been our first experience reserving through Pohaku and it was not pleasant! We own 1-bed, garden, asked for loft and informed I don't own one and not entitled to one. Hello...upgrade, per our rules! I was booking 6 months out and haven't ever had a problem upgrading. Last I knew mgmt. companies work for us!

If you are a Pacific Fantasy owner, I found out that they converted most accounts to a points based system sometime in the past.

I was having issues at first a year ago (after change to Pohaku), when trying to reserve, and found out this info, and my account was mistakenly put as a points owner.

I never agreed or even knew until then that was what they (BlueGreen?) were doing with the Pacific Fantasy owners! Needless to say, I straightend them out and Tammy from Pohaku verified that I was correct!

I'm one of the original owners at the Pono Kai Resort and have been through so many changes and management companies over the almost 30 years of ownership.

I am deeded a 1/1 w/Loft unit, so I never had issues, but if I wanted to upgrade to a larger unit, it can only be reserved either no more than 60 or 90 days before check-in, if available.

I hope that helps you any. I'll be arriving on the island after the meeting!😎

C S.

Last edited by catherinep109 on Mar 19, 2015 04:36 PM

Feb 03, 2017

lynnea26 wrote:

If your deed is in the K building, you are basically stuck with what is available in that building per the Pono Kai rules that were put into place when the K building was built. I could be wrong, and I would verify with the Pono Kai Board and Peter Sit at the resort. . I own one unit (1/1 w/Loft) with Pacific Fantasy @ The Pono Kai Resort (different board), and I also own two units (2/2) with Pono Kai Board.

I hope your questions were able to be answered during the passed time. Know what board you belong to and get involved, at least vote on the proxies whenever sent to you! 🙂

C S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.