Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

New To the Time share world and confused

Dec 16, 2014

my wife and I are new to the timeshare thing...well kind of ...We got roped in about 4 years ago into buying a time share which is 5 mins from our home, we paid off the loan for the timeshare but because it is 5 mins from our house we never used it, no one would explain to us how to use it and was and still are confused on how to use interval , we pay a main fee every other year and bank our( week? ), we recently went on a much needed vaca in Florida and used a time share threw a friend and again..... we bought another one, this time in Florida ( Westagate Resorts) so now we are paying aging , We want to sell the one we have here in RI and use the money to pay off as much as we can on the new one, and start learning how to use it! What I really need is advice and a little help-guidance-a real clue on what to do , Someone told us about this site and we just dont know ......HELP.....PLEASE.....

Roger B.
Dec 16, 2014

When did you buy this last timeshare? If it was within the last 10 days, you have the legal right to rescind. Follow the rescission instructions (that are included with your package) very carefully. The sales people at Westgate hide the instructions very well.

The instructions should tell you to mail it certified mail. Keep the receipt as proof of mailing. Make sure you send it to the proper address. It might be the resort or it might be the headquarters in Florida. Mail your letter to both if you have to but get on it right away!

I could go on and on about why you should rescind this Westgate purchase but, to keep things simple, just do it!

Lance C.
Dec 17, 2014

Orlando is just about the easiest timeshare to trade into or buy cheap extra vacations. I second rescinding the Westgate ASAP.

Tracey S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.