Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is anyone familiar with timeshares at Royal Playa Del Carmen?

Dec 29, 2014

Im looking into purchasing a timeshare here and was interested in anyones experiences with ownership at this resort.

Lance R.
Dec 30, 2014

lancer47 wrote:
I'm looking into purchasing a timeshare here...

Have you compared the maintenance fees to what it would cost to rent? With many resorts in Mexico, you can find cheap rentals often for less than what the owner is paying in maintenance fees.

Have you checked out what the transfer and closing costs will be? Remember these will also be there if or when the time comes that you want to sell or give away your timeshare.

Make darn sure you know what you're getting yourself into before taking the timeshare ownership plunge.

Lance C.
Dec 30, 2014

Thanks. I have looked into these questions and i'm still waiting for some answers. I can't find rental at this location and there are very few for sale here either. I hope that's because people are happy here. The maintenance fees per week used are about 300 bucks. I saw one renter who wanted 425 for his "booking perks" in addition to the resorts nightly rates. After adding it up it would have cost MORE than if I just booked it myself through trip advisor. I'm trying to find out If I buy and pay in full, would it then each time I go cost me the maintenance fee plus the all inclusive plan? If so thats about half the price than if I booked it the way I always do through trip advisor. When I give a week away i know there is the maintenance fee to pay but what else? Is there a booking fee, user fee? Or are these just terms used to describe the maintenance fees? I've been told Mexican RTU timeshares are different than state side timeshares you actually own. Im worried about the timeshare horror stories. Any insight? Thanks.

Lance R.
Sep 08, 2015

Are you still ibterested in the time share for Royal Haciendas in Playa del Carmen?

Tiare G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.