Jan 09, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to offload my timeshare at Lake Tara. I live in UK and have had it for 20 plus years and been there once. I need to either sell it or give it away as I do not eed it whatsoever. Can anyone give me some advice on this.

regards

Malcolm Dooley

Malcolm D.

Last edited by astephens on Jan 12, 2015 07:59 AM

Jan 09, 2015

Contact the people at Lake Tara and ask if they will take it back through a " deed back . If they agree you just make sure you are current with your maintenance fees and assessments. They may also require you to pay the next years maintenance fees and taxes but it is a small price to pay to give it away. Make sure when you call them that you get in touch with the right person that handles these matters. Good Luck.

Don P.
Jan 09, 2015

Thanks for the advice, so you are saying that I need to email them and state what you have said and offer next years maintenance also. will email them now. Thanks

Malcolm D.
Jan 10, 2015

Try calling them and speak with the person who handles these matters. Emails get ignored.

Don P.
Apr 16, 2015

Did you have any luck with this?

Sue F.
Apr 17, 2015

Yes, they took 2 years rental, as a deed buy back, its a big relief and weight off my shoulders now.

I never used it but with the rental and the RCI costs it became a burden.

Malcolm D.
Apr 18, 2015

That is wonderful! Thank you for the quick communication. As you likely guessed: I have a timeshare there as well, that is unused, that I wish to part with. After speaking with the Wyndham Corporate office directly and being told there was nothing they could or would do, I did not know this option might be available.

Sue F.
Apr 18, 2015

You have to call them and make sure you get in touch with the person that handles these matters. It might even be that they don't do it for everyone. You have to negotiate your own case and explain that you are going to get rid of your timeshare and it's in their best interest to work with you. They charge a two year fee so it gives them time to resell it to someone else but it's worth it to get of your obligation.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.