Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

How long should I wait for owner's response?

Jan 23, 2015

I rent regularly through VRBO or HomeAway. There I typically have responses within 24 hours. Often times, owners respond within a couple hours.

I've found a unit I'm interested in. I was reluctant to pay a fee just to be able to contact the owner. Reluctantly, I did pay the RedWeek fee. I sent an inquiry to the owner, but I've haven't gotten a response.

This obviously doesn't work as well as VRBO or HomeAway.

I do realize people could be away, sick,etc; but in searching the forum, this seems to be an ongoing issue.

Any value in re-inquiring?

How long should I wait til I give up and move on?

Cindy S.
Jan 23, 2015

Cindy,

We ask that you give an owner 48 hours to respond. If you haven't heard back by then, please Contact Us and we will follow up with the owner.

We also recommend that you check your spam folder, as we find this is a common problem when responses are not received.

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 20, 2019

I saw the response about waiting 48 hours for the owner to respond. Also, will the owner reply to me on Redweek or will they email me at the email address I provided in my profile?

Eileen W.
Jan 20, 2019

Eileen W.: A response to your inquiry will come to the email address on your RedWeek account. Be sure to check your spam folder, because we find this is often the issue when a response isn't received within 48 hours. You can also add "member@redweek.com" to your safe senders' list to help prevent responses from going to your spam folder.

If you need further assistance or follow up with the owner, please go to the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jan 17, 2023

After requesting to book a villa, does the villa not appear on red week anymore? Or does that mean someone else purchased it ?

Joe D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.