Mar 02, 2015

Hi, I am new to redweek.com. I currently own in Disney Vacation Club and it's been worthwhile owning for the places we've stayed, amount of vacations we've taken, great accomodations, etc. I'm currently looking for what you folks think is the best DEAL in the timeshare world. Are any of these "bargain resales" on redweek worth "buying"? I see plenty that are just being given away. I also don't mind spending though for the right deal. I am looking at the Four Seasons Aviara in California, and saw some 2br in platinum week (their highest level) for around 7k purchase price. So I'd look at the luxury side of things too. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Richard B.
Mar 02, 2015

The reason why some of these bargain deals are being given away is usually because they no longer suit the owners' travel needs, desires, and lifestyle or because they can no longer afford the maintenance fees. If you feel that these giveaways will suit your travel needs and you can afford the fees, then it might be a good deal for you.

As for the Four Seasons in CA, I think that $7000 is a bit high. If you really want it, you might be able to negotiate with the owner a lower price. How many timeshare resale websites have you checked out? You might be able to find a similar unit for less than $7000.

Also, check out E-Bay and the completed listings for Four Seasons CA. That will tell you what others have paid for a similar unit.

Lance C.
Mar 03, 2015

Thanks Lancec13. I haven't really checked out many timeshare resale sites other than redweek.com and tug2.net. I will sniff around now though and look on E-Bay for past sales.

Richard B.
Mar 03, 2015

One warning about Four Seasons. Multiple week owners can book at least a month before single week owners. The platinum season is 24-40. July weeks are impossible to get if you are not a multi-week owner. MF's are over $2500 per week. Rental rates are not that much higher. Gold weeks can often be rented for less than MF's which make gold owners want to default thus raising MF's even higher. I would do more research before buying if I were you.

Tracey S.
Mar 20, 2015

Read all fine print make sure no outstanding maintenance or taxes and paid in full w copy of deed as proof

Angela R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.