Travel Tips & Advice

Cruise lines

Mar 10, 2015

Where is the best source / email address of getting practical and reasonable cruise line prices

Ron E.
Mar 11, 2015

rone97 wrote:
Where is the best source / email address of getting practical and reasonable cruise line prices

I don't know what the best source is because many people have different favorite sources, but some good ones are Travelocity, Expedia, Cruises to Go, Cruise Critic, or even the cruise lines' own websites.

Lance C.
Mar 29, 2015

Save yourself some time and money use a Travel Agent, it does not cost you more money and they get the best for the least and can offer many other perks, upgrades onboard credits etc. Also who doesn't love to talk to a real person.

rone97 wrote:

Deborah S.
May 28, 2015

Also, make sure that when you compare prices, you include everything such as port fees and taxes. Some advertise their price without the taxes while some include them in the price.

Lance C.
May 31, 2015

Vacations To Go is a good source. Using a travel agent is the best idea. I have a very good agent who has worked hard to find us specific cabins that we had our eye on. PM me if you would like his contact info.

Cruise Critic is an excellent source of information on cruising. The Ports of Call section has tons of ideas for things to do in your ports. You can find cheaper and less crowded excursion ideas than the ships offer. On Roll Call you can "meet" folks on your sailing ahead of time. We made a life long friend that way on our first cruise.

Ruth W.
Jun 11, 2015

Another thing to factor in is the cost of gratuities when calculating your overall price.

Lance C.
Jun 25, 2015

Then there are also the gratuities for the baggage handlers.

Lance C.
Jul 16, 2015

Triple A (AAA) has a good travel agent staff and works with non members as well.

if you are a member or not give them a try.

Carl N.
Aug 31, 2016

These days there are many travel agents and you can choose for the best from among them

Edward C.
Jul 07, 2017

edwardc229 wrote:
These days there are many travel agents and you can choose for the best from among them

Most have prices roughly even with each other.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.