Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Are Timeshare Brokers and Timeshare Closing Service Inc legitimate?

Mar 26, 2015

I have "sold" my Timeshare but am having second thoughts. My gut is telling me that this is another scam. I got suckered into signing up with Sell My Timeshare, paid the $999 sign up and listed my unit for $600. Then I got a call after I started emailing them about status and they had "sold" it if I would take $0. I did just to get rid of it. Got an email form Timeshare Brokers asking me to sign a bunch of paperwork, gave them my Drivers license info and copy of Deed for proof of ownership and signed a contract. I really didn't understand what I was signing. Anyway now Timeshare Closing is involved for escrow signing. ARE ANY OF THESE COMPANIES LEGITIMATE? How do I investigate more.

Sandy F.
Mar 27, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to sell your timeshare. A legitimate realtor will take his commission out of the sale. Avoid anyone soliciting you for business. If they contacted you it's probably a SCAM !!!

Don P.
Apr 05, 2015

sandyf118 wrote:
Then I got a call after I started emailing them about status and they had "sold" it if I would take $0. I did just to get rid of it. Got an email form Timeshare Brokers asking me to sign a bunch of paperwork, gave them my Drivers license info and copy of Deed for proof of ownership and signed a contract. I really didn't understand what I was signing. Anyway now Timeshare Closing is involved for escrow signing. ARE ANY OF THESE COMPANIES LEGITIMATE? How do I investigate more.

When you negotiated with the "buyer", who agreed to pay the closing costs? If the "buyer" agreed to, then you should not have to pay any money to anyone except for maybe a local notary (about $25) to notarize the sale contract. If you agreed to pay the closing costs, then you should get to choose the closing company. Legal Timeshare Transfers is one that comes recommended. They are very economical if no money is changing hands between seller and buyer. And in your case, since the cost of the unit is free, there would be no worries.

Lance C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.