Timeshare Companies

VacationHomesOnly, Preston Green

Apr 01, 2015

Please do not ever use this company for vacation rentals or deal with Preston Green. Preston Green is a scam artist and a fraud. We booked a 7 day vacation in Cabo San Lucas and paid for 3 deluxe units. We were 14 people including 8 children. When we arrived, we only had one room. He promised us a partial refund and never produced the money. He's a liar and cheat with no conscience.

By, Vicki Grossman

Ferne G.
Apr 17, 2015

Vicki, Did you get compensated ? Vacation homes only posted this 3 days ago :

Dear Co Members from Vacation Homes Only,

First we would like to express our regret and to acknowledge problems with Mrs. Grossmans' booking. We take 100% responsibility for everything. While there were problems and Mrs. Grossman, has every right to be upset, and was, obviously, very much so when writing this hurtful and scathing complaint, we do, again take 100% responsibility.

Again, while Mrs. Grossman has every right to be upset, there was no one, "cheated" or "taken", no one ever slept or was in a position to have to "sleep on the street", nor does anyone at our firm lack a "conscience".

We worked tirelessly and in "good faith" to remedy the situation from start to finish. We did have the entire family accommodated for their entire stay with some substantial upgrades and have already settled this matter with a refund/adjustment document signed by Mrs. Grossman prior to her posting this complaint.

In short, Mrs. Grossman booked three 1bedroom units for her family, and we, due to our own internal discrepancies (full acknowledged) upgraded them to two 2bedroom Presidential units and one satellite 1bedroom unit to cover two of the first nights at a sister resort. We take 100% responsibility.

Mrs. Grossman has received the refund/adjustment and been paid. Mrs. Grossman called and threaten to make this complaint because she felt our refund/adjustment process was not moving fast enough. Again, she had every right to be upset and we take 100% responsibility for the accommodation adjustments she endured.

We stand 100% behind our clients and these kinds of discrepancies are extremely rare. We value and respect our clients. We will always do the right thing and maintain our high level of service and integrity.

We appreciate the Grossman family for allowing us to make things right.

Happy Travels

Vacation Homes Only - Management

Reply to This Message Avatar for vacationhomesonly vacationhomesonly 3 days ago Apr 14, 2015

Miss H.
Apr 17, 2015

Why is it that these rental companies rant on and on about how they tried to fix a problem. They have terrible customers service and there is no way to contact them 24/7 when you have a problem checking in. They should be available when the problem occurs not after the fact with excuses. Everyone be forewarned and if you decide to use them because they are " cheap " you get what you pay for. There are reputable rental companies with good track records out there but it might cost you a little more.

Don P.
Jan 05, 2016

Do you like to worry and travel across the country with 8 people and not know if you have a hotel room until the day you get there? Then Preston Green of Vacation Homes Only is the man for you! Do you like to arrive and find out that your room is booked for only one night instead of the entire week you paid for? Then Preston Green is the man for you! Would you like to pay for a three bath condo to share with 6 adults only to arrive and find a two bath condo? Then Preston Green is the man for you! Would you like to pay extra for a one bedroom ocean front unit only to arrive and have a beautiful view of the parking garage? Then Preston Green is the man for you! Do you like to call to confirm numerous times if you in fact have a room only to be told "refer to the contract" and when you get there no part of the contract has been honored? Then Preston Green is the man for you! If you like to be spoken to condescendingly when you try to confirm your room and are told "its like renting a beach house, you have to trust that the key fits" and in this case "the key did not fit" in the room you contracted for. Then Preston Green is the man for you! And lastly, would you like to arrive at the Marriott and be told that it is no surprise to them that Preston has messed up this reservation because this happens all the time with him? Then clearly you should book your next trip with Preston Green-Vacation Homes Only!

Deborah K.
Apr 21, 2016

I was recently looking for accommodations for our summer vacation. I searched a lot of places and I decided to go with vacationhomesonly.com. I had a good interaction on the phone, arranged our week and preferences and then gave my deposit. I was in their 48 hr confirmation period and I thought I would do some research. That's when I came across this forum, it made me nervous and I started scrambling to back out of my reservation and I booked with a different Redweek posting. I called vacationhomesonly.com and left a message figuring they would say I would lose my deposit. The representative was professional and respectful. He explained we were in the confirmation window of 48 hrs that usually takes place to verify the reservation. He said that they didn't have to refund my deposit and he was right, but he did anyways. The charges have already been reversed. I say all this because I feel I was misled into thinking this company wasn't going to do what they said they were going to do because of this forum. The person I spoke with was Nick and I will be seeking them out for future trips.

Matt H.
Apr 27, 2018

How long ago did this happen? They don’t even respond to email or answer the phone during the first 48 hours!

Nancy T.
Apr 27, 2018

nancyt303 wrote:
How long ago did this happen? They don’t even respond to email or answer the phone during the first 48 hours!

I must point out that the post you are asking about is actually two years old now.

Preston Green / Vacation Homes Only is based in California. Mr. Green is essentially a "middleman", inserting himself between owners and tenants on rentals (for a commission, of course). I spoke with Preston Green on the phone once about 5-6 years ago and, based upon that conversation, I personally would not choose to ever conduct any business with him, but to each their own choices and decisions.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 30, 2018 05:45 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.