Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

anyone hear of Timeshare clearing house in Louisville ky

Apr 22, 2015

They offered to take my two time shares off my hands and will I will have to pay up front money but will have my timeshares changed to points and will reduce my maintenance cost to only $374 a year. supposed to be traded in RCI? Just talked to them last night and I have 6 days to cancel. 4/22/15 carolyn

Carolyn P.
Apr 22, 2015

It's a SCAM !!! NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get rid of your timeshare. Cancel immediately. Make sure you follow the cancellation policy to the letter. If you used a credit card to pay you can dispute the payment if they refuse to give your money back.

Don P.
Apr 22, 2015

that's what I am thinking...they said I would also get billed a cancel fee from my resorts and i would not know what it is for 2-3 weeks!!!!

and that I would be trading points instead of weeks in RCI and not as many resorts doing the points yet... so resorts will be different from what I am used doing weeks in RCI

Carolyn P.
Apr 24, 2015

if you are in the grace period and are having second thoughts... you can cancel. read your contract, follow the instructions to the letter! do not contact the sales agent. go directly to the corporate office.. it should be in the contrct...

I was able to cancel my timeshare within 10 days of signing the contract. they returned every penny.

-and even if they charge you a fee.... it must be worth it if timeshares are not for you.

good luck.

Carlos A.
Apr 25, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your timeshare. Cancel immediately. It's a SCAM !!!!

Don P.
Apr 11, 2016

Before labeling everything a scam people should know what they are talking about. This person was not charged a fee for selling anything. They purchased RCI points and are permanently banking their weeks with RCI and recieving poiints in return that they can use how and where they want.

Kevin R.
May 13, 2016

May 5, 2016 - They told us we had 3 days to disentangle our selves from their offer. Yet when we finally had their stuff in our hand to read it was late that night and we needed to drive home and read it. There is NOTHING to their contract. They didn't even wait the 3 days to make charges on a credit card that they offered us to use to supposedly give us "Points toward our Maintenance of our present timeshare". This really gave us NOTHING BUT CHARGES. Went to our Bank on Friday Morning May 6, 2016 and drew up a paper to disentangle our selves from this contract and have it notarized and sent it as instructed to the Address they gave us in the contract. We put it along with the original contract in an envelope and sent it First-class Registered Mail. To day we receive the Credit card (May 11, 2016). They said of course it would take a month. We call the credit card Bank and they had already made the charges. The bank where the credit card was connected asked us to sent the descend papers we had filed and the contract along with the copies of the contract. What ever happens we are paying the amount. I'll spend that money on a good lawyer and sue for their intended damages. Anyone who wants to join me, let me know .

carolynp195 wrote:
They offered to take my two time shares off my hands and will I will have to pay up front money but will have my timeshares changed to points and will reduce my maintenance cost to only $374 a year. supposed to be traded in RCI? Just talked to them last night and I have 6 days to cancel. 4/22/15 carolyn

Beverly N.
Nov 21, 2016

Help we did the same pd.8,600. All ready being billed with C.c. Master. Is it to late to cancel this paying for nothing .and they have rights to my 2 timeshare if I see them.50/50. I made the biggest mistake ever this makes so sick everyday. 2months into it😞😞😞😞😞 Help

Beverly J. Allison A.
Nov 21, 2016

This happen to me to 😞😞😭 It makes me sick everyday and ever time I pay my C.C. bill Help

Beverly J. Allison A.
Nov 21, 2016

Help we are in this to far.Paying a C.c. for nothing.made a big mistake.what can I do????Pd 8,600. For nothing .

Beverly J. Allison A.
Nov 21, 2016

I did the same ,help Please.

Beverly J. Allison A.
Nov 21, 2016

Help me what to do to stop paying for nothing I gained😞😭

Beverly J. Allison A.
Nov 23, 2016

In your last 5 post you seem to be answering yourself. In looking at them on the BBB, they have been in business for 31 yrs., located in Vista, ca. with NO COMPLAINTS, NO REVEIWS. That doesn't right at all, 31 yrs. (come on), they are not accredited. First thing I'd do, is file a complaint with the BBB. Then it might be in your interest to contact your local prosecutor and see if if there would be recourse for a fraud charge. It sounds like with the time limitations in your contract your stuck. They had you from the git go, as no one could respond in the given time frame.

William P.
Dec 02, 2016

Hello. Were you able to get out of this? I work for a resort and we've had members get caught up in this. A member just called today that made a transaction on Wednesday and I want to give them the best advice possible. Thank you for any help.

beverlyn45 wrote:
May 5, 2016 - They told us we had 3 days to disentangle our selves from their offer. Yet when we finally had their stuff in our hand to read it was late that night and we needed to drive home and read it. There is NOTHING to their contract. They didn't even wait the 3 days to make charges on a credit card that they offered us to use to supposedly give us "Points toward our Maintenance of our present timeshare". This really gave us NOTHING BUT CHARGES. Went to our Bank on Friday Morning May 6, 2016 and drew up a paper to disentangle our selves from this contract and have it notarized and sent it as instructed to the Address they gave us in the contract. We put it along with the original contract in an envelope and sent it First-class Registered Mail. To day we receive the Credit card (May 11, 2016). They said of course it would take a month. We call the credit card Bank and they had already made the charges. The bank where the credit card was connected asked us to sent the descend papers we had filed and the contract along with the copies of the contract. What ever happens we are paying the amount. I'll spend that money on a good lawyer and sue for their intended damages. Anyone who wants to join me, let me know .

carolynp195 wrote:

Peter G.
May 18, 2017

5/19/17- total scam. We went to a free dinner at a local restaurant and told the guy right up front we were not listening to a sales pitch. The invite came via a phone call a week earlier, and the woman said it was for Marriott owners to talk about their increasing fees and enhanced ownership benefits. The guy never gave us his name - I had to ask for it- and for the first hour of the thing, I thought he was with the Marriott. Then he said no, he wasn't a Marriott employee- he was affiliated with RCI. So for the next 2 hours, I thought he was with RCI. It wasn't until I saw a piece of paper that said Timeshare Clearinghouse that I asked him point blank who he worked for, and again he replied he was affiliated with RCI. And I said, yes- but who do you work for? Then he finally told me Timeshare Clearinghouse. I asked a lot of questions, and a few times he was joined by another person who acted totally perplexed why we weren't totally convinced of this deal. There really is no benefit for people wanting to use points for a nice resort- and you'd have the option of using your Timeshare points - but if you use the system you'd have a fee ($189). They wanted almost $4k to have that option, and explained that it could also be an exit strategy for people wanting to get rid of their Timeshare. They offered 0% interest for 100 months, which didn't seem too bad until you read the fine print that they open a credit card for you, and it's for six billing cycles only, (and you have to qualify for the 0% too)- after which they continue to open other 0% credit cards for you to transfer the balance remaining- providing you continue to qualify for 0%- otherwise interest rates could be up to 29.9%. For 100 months- could take 7-10 credit cards before you're done, depending on your balance! Little to NO benefit gained- and lots of money out of your pocket. I don't know why anyone would work for these people unless out of desperation. I thank God we didn't fall for it!! Thank you to all who posted here, because I started reading reviews and realized it was a total SCAM!!!

K H.

Last edited by sckdunn on May 19, 2017 06:40 AM

May 24, 2017

ALL upfront fee "escape / release / exit / relief" outfits are essentially just scams of one form or another. ALL of them. There are no exceptions, just different FLAVORS of scam.

Very simply stated, there is NO magical escape from the legal and contractual obligations of timeshare ownership. Like it or not, no one can deny that indisputable fact or somehow make that harsh reality just magically disappear by throwing money at it. You have to part with the unwanted ownership cleanly and lawfully --- and that's NOT going to happen merely by paying money to some parasite scam operation.

"A fool and his money are soon parted", or so goes that old saying. My sincere congratulations to the above poster (sckdunn) for DECLINING to be a fool!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 27, 2017 02:14 PM

Oct 27, 2017

Look them up @ BBB Louisville KY and see their rating, like seven complaints in 12 years is not bad for a timeshare company

James H.

Last edited by jayb213 on Oct 27, 2017 09:00 AM

Oct 27, 2017

I guess we had a different experience. The travel program they offered us has been amazing and we have used it numerous times over the last 13 months of ownership. They also got rid of our two timeshares located in Orlando and Williamsburg saving us about 2400.00 per year in maintenance fees. We read about the 100 months and our first card gave us 0% for 12 months, we called and they helped us do a balance transfer and our new card is 0% for 22months. I suppose you can find a negative in anything if you look hard enough but we are a glass half full family. It cost us money but our breakeven point is five years and we are great with that considering the high maintenance fees we paid on our condos. I looked up the company and they had very few complaints considering they have been is business for 11+ years. I am a numbers guy and the numbers made sense to me, my family is staying in nicer resorts for less money and more importantly I will not pass a burden onto my children. Everything they promised us in regards to removing the timeshares from our name happened faster than they quoted us (for once in my timeshare life). I was so satisfied I told my in-laws to use them to get out of their Wyndham Properties that they have owned since the beginning of time. I am happy we went to that meeting and in 23 years of owning timeshare that is the first time I have ever said that statement about a sales presentation or (Owner Update). I don't like Red Lobster (the dinner was there) but I love saving money and would do it all over again. FREE AT LAST!!!

Chris S.

Last edited by chriss1157 on Oct 27, 2017 09:04 AM

Oct 27, 2017

My wife corrected my spelling on sense (I had since...lol) so she made me edit.

Chris S.
Oct 27, 2017

NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !!

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.