Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marriott Home Resort Benefits

May 03, 2015

I live close to a Marriott beach club and I can buy a week at it for a reasonable price from a local company.

The main reason for buying is daily access to the facilities as I've been told I'll get 6 access passes.

A couple of questions.. Is this normal? Would I get the same buying from a member here?

As we live here (Marbella) we wouldn't use the week but would like to swap it.. Is it usually easy to swap/exchange

Mark T.
May 03, 2015

Some Marriott's allow day use from owners, some do not. I don't know the specifics of that resort. Generally resorts that allow it also can control capacity so that during 100% occupancy periods, they may limit or discontinue day use passes. If they allow it during off season and shoulder season and most midweek prime season, the passes should be available to owners.

In terms of swapping out through Interval International, it depends on where and when you want to go. Exchanging into prime time beach locations is going to be difficult even if you own a prime time beach location in the system as most of those owners buy to use, rent or if they bought before the cut off date deposit for points in Marriott's Destination Club. If you own an off season or shoulder season, exchanging into prime is even less likely. If you want to go to Orlando any time of the year you should be fine. The same with Branson or Williamsburg.

Buying from a local company is the same as buying from an owner here or elsewhere. There wouldn't be any benefits that someone other than purchasing direct from Marriott could offer that anyone couldn't offer. If you haven't done so already, you should confirm day use directly with the resort. As I said not all Marriott Vacation Club properties offer it as a benefit.

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on May 03, 2015 07:38 PM

May 04, 2015

Thank you for you reply,

I have confirmed day use and it is available

Mark T.
May 04, 2015

Have you discussed it with your home resort ? They may know of an owner that wants out of their contract. Some owners will give the week away just for paying closing costs. It can't hurt to ask.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.