Point Systems

Kaanapali Beach Club availability

Jun 07, 2015

Tried this last week to book a deluxe ocean view in October and was told by KBC that they are booked solid.

They further told me that they only have 11/19-12/6 left for 2015.

I have never seen it booked so early. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thomas H.
Jun 17, 2015

We had same problem last year booking in June. We tried over eleven months out. Got to be the point system been owners for years.

Diane H.
Jun 20, 2015

It is definitely the points system. We asked how they can avoid overselling KBC, and they said it's illegal to do so. However, anyone in the Hawaii collection can book at KBC. So if all the owners at all the properties other than KBC decide that this is their year to go to Maui, all of us who bought there get screwed. This is NOT what I bought - we bought here from Embassy Suites because they only owned three properties, and getting into our home resort in Maui was never an issue. When we are there, we like to BBQ - almost no one at the BBQs ever says they own there. They trade in...hmmmm...

Kristen K.
Jun 20, 2015

Makes me wonder if a class action lawsuit will be filed against Diamond Resorts. Seems to me that if they are overselling here they may be overselling everywhere.

Anyone know of any good attorneys who would be willing to take this on contingency?

Thomas H.
Jun 21, 2015

We need an owner who is an attorney to step forward. I already emailed the Hawaii attorney general as DRI has figured out how to get around the "today only" sales pitch.

I think a lot of DRI owners would love to see someone take this on. DRI is one lie after another. My daughter went to Cabo with friends and stayed at a different timeshare and owners were treated like gold. She wasn't an owner so resented being second class, but that's how it SHOULD be done!

Kristen K.
Nov 18, 2015

Just an FYI If anyone is interested in speaking to a NY Times reporter re: DRI, I saw the following post on Facebook in the Diamond Resort Intl news feed:

Vera Titunik- Hello, I work at the New York Times. A colleague is looking to speak with Diamond Resorts owners for an article she is preparing and would like to hear from them at gretchen@nytimes.com.

Diane A.
Nov 18, 2015

I couldn't find the Facebook post but I have sent an email to the address you listed. Any idea what storyline they are following?

Thomas H.
Jan 14, 2016

I am new to this but I haven't had any issues in Hawaii. Maybe I travel differently....not sure.. please Let me know.

Thanks.

Brad L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.