Point Systems

Buying a Hyatt timeshare on the resale market

Oct 28, 2015

Hi all, I am currently in the process of buying a timeshare in Key West on the resale market. It is currently waiting ROFR which the Fidelity guy says usually takes a month. Is that true? I am also curious about the trading of points for weeks using Interval. My week is worth 1400 points and I have been told that I could get any resort, any week on Interval with those points with only paying something like 45.00 ( ex.. Myrtle beach in June) ... Is that also true. One of the things I liked about Hyatt was the ability to use Interval without anymore cash outlay? But I am wondering after reading some of these forums if all this is true or if I am even getting scammed by some fake Fidelity guy.

Thanks much..

Rob B.
Oct 28, 2015

Your membership to II will be paid with your annual hyatt membership fee. The exchange fee to use interval would be the same as using any week. What is it around $164 to do so online and something like $189 over the phone, these days?

Tracey S.

Last edited by tracey75 on Oct 28, 2015 07:53 PM

Dec 16, 2020

Hello,

I am interested in buying a Hyatt timeshare on the resale market. I currently own no HRC interests. I have a couple questions: 1. Am I allowed to exchange my deeded week to other HRC properties? 2. Am I allowed to exchange my week into Interval international? 3. I know I am not allowed to exchange my points into World of Hyatt. Are there other benefits I lose by purchasing HRC resale? Are there certain properties within the HRC portfolio I am not eligible to stay at (like how Disney excludes Riviera for example). 4. Once I purchase, years in the future can Hyatt rescind certain benefits that I received solely because I bought resale?

Anthony B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.