Nov 16, 2015

So I'm trying to rent a time share. Two separate owners said they want 100% upfront. But the FAQ section on Redweek says to pay 50% only, get paperwork in your name, and then pay the balance.

Has anyone else ever have this issue before?

Thanks.

Tracy L.
Nov 16, 2015

If you vacation date is close they will require 100%. If 6 months out or more most owners only require 50%.

Belinda P.
Nov 18, 2015

I enjoy renting a timeshare because I like the space vs a hotel room. I am going to be renting a floating week for the next three years and at the same time I need to rent out week 52 in the Marriott Aruba Surf Club. I would like to rent out all three years at once. I see that it is going for $10-$11 grand for this week. Any thoughts on how I should price it? I was thinking $8995 for one year. But I would like to ask 8500 per year if the renter agrees to both years. I was also thinking of charging 8100 if I can get three years of rental from the same family. That way I can secure the rentals and give a big break on the price. Thoughts?

Shawn T.
Nov 18, 2015

Redweek is pretty safe, you are looking for a good vacation , and they are just looking to rent. We registered information to be able to advertise and it wouldn't take long to turn ones name into mud if they stuck you.

We need time for the check to clear, and normally it is non refundable do to lost opportunity to rent

Dave

Last edited by davidg1131 on Nov 18, 2015 08:52 PM

Nov 23, 2015

how do I know if the time share owner really owns the time share that I want to rent for a week or two weeks. I am looking at royal Caribbean in cancun. former owner myself at royal mayan. also , will there be any other charges involved , ( such as taxes, fees and etc).

joe mccullough thanks

Joseph M.
Nov 23, 2015

Joe -

You will find our recommendations on how to stay safe when renting a timeshare here: Stay Safe

To find out about any additional fees that the resort may charge, you would need to ask the owner directly.

If you need further assistance, please Contact Us

Phyllis

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Nov 24, 2015

I am renting a one week timeshare floating week how do you know if anyone has looked at my post?

Adriana L.
Nov 29, 2015

I have a week that I want to rent out. My question is, if no one rents my week can I re-post it another week later on in the year? Is there a penalty?

Marisabel M.

Last edited by marisabelm on Nov 29, 2015 09:14 AM

Dec 04, 2015

If you want to rent...do as my prospective tenant did...pay for it and then dispute it thru your credit card company... You will most likely not have to pay but you can tie up the unit. Don't use this company!!!!!!!!

Denise T.
Dec 04, 2015

not happy with Redweek at all!!!

Denise T.
Dec 06, 2015

Hi Denise,

Please know that we are working with First American to resolve the situation.

Thanks! RedWeek Customer Service

Valerie H.
RedWeek.com
Dec 06, 2015

Emailed requesting your assistance or at least opinion two weeks ago....very disappointed in Redweeks response. Let's see if there is any additional effort.

Denise T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.