Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

My timeshare experience

Nov 17, 2015

While on vacation in Mexico I was talked into buying a timeshare by a very persuasive salesman. My wife and I were harangued for 2 hours and finally we agreed to buy the timeshare. The salesman made many fraudulent promises and he did not tell me that the timeshare was for one week one year and two weeks the next year. When I discovered that he had lied I attempted to cancel the contract within the 5 day grace period but he told me that it was not possible to cancel the policy. I then found Mexican Timeshare Solutions on the internet. I was skeptical as to whether they could help us cancel the contract. But they were extremely helpful and most importantly they told me that the fee was only due after the timeshare was officially cancelled. They kept me informed about the progress of the case and the whole process went very smoothly. I would highly recommend Mexican Timeshare Solutions if you need help to cancel a timeshare.

Maria R.
Nov 17, 2015

SHILL !!!! This is a SCAM !!! They are in the forum trolling for victims. Don't buy into their scam. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your timeshare. Don't be fooled by this scam story. This is one of the oldest scams in here ..... impersonating a satisfied customer.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Nov 17, 2015 02:16 PM

Nov 19, 2015

donp196 wrote:
SHILL !!!! This is a SCAM !!! They are in the forum trolling for victims. Don't buy into their scam. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your timeshare. Don't be fooled by this scam story. This is one of the oldest scams in here ..... impersonating a satisfied customer.

Hi, Don P. Could you please describe what a shill is? Are there any glaring examples on these boards?

Lance C.
Nov 19, 2015

A shill is a scam artist that impersonates a customer and posts a positive story to lure their victims to their website. Then once they isolate their prey they spring their scam on them and take their money.

Don P.
Mar 02, 2023

I agree with Don. A paid poster. This is a link to an internet post about Mexican Timeshare Solutions, but unusual this RedWeek notification popped up from 2015! https://vacationownership.villagroupresorts.com/avoid-mexican-timeshare-scams/

Irene P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.