Travel Tips & Advice

Best resort with waterparks on east coast for young kids?

Jan 31, 2016

Looking for a great resort within driving distance from NYC! Any suggestions? What about Bluepoint at Hershey even though its not on the coast? Thanks Brenda

Brenda H.
Feb 01, 2016

Do you mean Bluegreen The Suites at Hershey. Onsite at the resort only a small outdoor pool. There is a waterpark at Hershey Park. There is Watercountry USA in Williamsburg again not onsite at a resort but with a paid admission. Orlando is going to have timeshares with lazy rivers and other waterpark features.

Tracey S.
Feb 02, 2016

Thanks for the info. Even a resort with a two or three fun water slides in the pool would do. Does Williamsburg have a resort on the beach? I have no idea of the area! Brenda

Brenda H.
Feb 02, 2016

No Williamsburg is going to be an hour or more from Virginia Beach in traffic. Smugglers Notch in VT and Massanutten in VA both have onsite waterparks but they aren't included in the timeshare stay and have an extra admission cost.

Myrtle Beach is going to have some lazy rivers and slides at various resorts.

Tracey S.
Feb 02, 2016

Thanks for the info. Where in Myrtle beach can you recommend? I like the Hilton but not timeshares yet offered.

Brenda H.
Feb 25, 2016

Massanutten Resort between Elkton and Harrisonburg, VA. 4 season resort. Has an indoor / outdoor waterpark. I've here now :-)

This is like my 5 time in 5 years. Several different resorts you can exchanged for via RCI. Silver and Gold crowns are all very nice. I haven't noticed weeks for rent here on RedWeek. I imagine you could contact the resort directly.

Sophia

Sophia B.
Feb 27, 2016

Thank you Sophia!

Brenda H.
Apr 19, 2016

I suggest you fer orange beach resort it is one of the best beach resort .There are various water parks as well where kids and enjoy and have fun and adventure.

Carlos W.
Apr 29, 2016

Do you mean Orange Beach in Alabama or Orange Lake in Orlando?

In Myrtle Beach The Marriott (Ocean Watch) has a slide and several pools. It is quite nice. Sheraton Broadway Plantation (not an ocean front resort) has a lazy river and a pirate play area with mini slides. It's very nice but more for the 8-10 and under for the pirate splash area. Holiday Inn Club Vacations is across the street from the beach. They have a lazy River. There are a couple of Wyndhams and some have lazy rivers.

Tracey S.
May 03, 2016

Thanks so much! We ended up with the Marriott oceanwatch. I'm so excited to go now in august.

Brenda H.
May 04, 2016

The orange beach resorts are also one of the best has all the facility of waterparks for kids and many other water features in a resort

Carlos W.
Dec 31, 2021

Hey,

Camelback Resort is also good to go for the young kids and for all young people.

I already spent time there with my family.

There are various other water parks as well where kids and enjoy and have fun and adventure.

Mark Splashtacular
Jan 05, 2022

Hey,

The best resort for young kids is which has aquatic play features. there are many types of aquatic play feature.

Mark Splashtacular
Jan 06, 2022

marks2243 wrote:
Hey, The best resort for young kids is which has aquatic play features. there are many types of aquatic play feature.

What is the point or purpose of your assorted content-free posts in these RedWeek forums, “Mark Splashtacular”?

Are you perhaps just using these forums as a place to practice “English as a second language”?

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 08, 2022 08:10 AM

May 13, 2023

Hi Brenda,

There are many great resorts within driving distance from NYC, depending on your preferences and budget.

- If you're looking for a family-friendly resort with an indoor waterpark, you might want to check out **Kartrite Resort & Indoor Waterpark** in Monticello, NY. It's about a 2-hour drive from NYC and offers spacious suites, a spa, a fitness center, and several dining options. The waterpark features slides, lazy rivers, pools, and a surf simulator. - If you're looking for a beach getaway with a chic vibe, you might want to check out **Hero Beach Club** in Montauk, NY. It's about a 3-hour drive from NYC and offers stylish rooms, a heated pool, a fire pit, and complimentary bikes. The resort is close to the ocean and the town center, where you can find shops, restaurants, and bars. - If you're looking for a historic castle with a spa and fine dining, you might want to check out **Castle Hotel & Spa** in Tarrytown, NY. It's about a 40-minute drive from NYC and offers elegant rooms, a pool, a fitness center, and a tennis court. The spa offers massages, facials, and body treatments. The restaurant serves French cuisine with views of the Hudson River. Bluepoint at Hershey is not on the coast, but it's still a nice option if you're looking for a cozy resort with a golf course and a chocolate-themed park nearby. It's about a 3-hour drive from NYC and offers comfortable rooms, a pool, a fitness center, and a restaurant. The resort is close to Hersheypark, where you can enjoy rides, shows, and chocolate attractions. You can also visit https://adventureinblue.com/12-best-snorkeling-spots-to-see-sea-turtles/ for more details

I hope this helps you find the perfect resort for your trip. Have fun! 😊

Geeks V.

Last edited by geeksv on May 13, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 08, 2023

Massanutten in VA has a water park, not close to any beaches but a beautiful (maybe dated) resort with a lot of hiking, golf, and a pond you can fish…bring or buy your own rods. My kids loved it there.

Amy T.

Last edited by amy469 on Jun 08, 2023 04:57 PM

Aug 08, 2023

Is it expensive?

David W.
Aug 15, 2023

My experience is limited, and we were in Florida. While this is too far south to drive from NYC it was a great resort. This was the Westgate Resort in Kissimmee. The waterpark is called Ship Wreck Island Water Park. We went there as grandparents with our daughter and her family. She owns a 3-bedroom unit. Our grandchildren loved going to that waterpark and did not want to leave until it was closing time. I think they played at Ship Wreck Island four out of the seven days that we were there.

Jim G.
Sep 06, 2023

For me Bluepoint at Hershey is a charming option, about a 3-hour drive from NYC (just keep in mind it's not on the coast). I someone are still looking for other options you guys can check these resorts,The Lodge at Woodloch for relaxation, Mohonk Mountain House for scenic mountains, The Sagamore Resort for private lake island living, Crystal Springs Resort for golfing, and The Inn at Pocono Manor for a romantic getaway with a significant other. All of these are just a short drive from NYC!

Jamessmith0901

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.