Timeshare Companies

How i cancelled my membership with Vidanta

Feb 10, 2016

Having been pressurised into buying a timeshare in Mexico with Vidanta, when I got back to Europe I really had no idea how I was going to get out of this mess. I had already paid a reservation fee and on reflection I absolutely did not want to purchase the timeshare. When I found Mexican Timeshare Solutions I was doubtful that they could help me, because I was told I had signed a legally binding contract and there was no way out. However using Mexican Timeshare Solutions company was incredibly easy and straightforward. Mexican Timeshare Solutions informed me that they would deal with everything and even though it would take some months, they would goto the court on my behalf and were 100% sure they could get me out of the timeshare contract, which they did. So thank you very much Mexican Timeshare Solutions for the professional and hassle free service.

Alice B.
Feb 10, 2016

Don't be fooled by people impersonating satisfied customers. They are called shills. They come in the forum with a story about how the company helped them. It's all a lie to get you to their website and then they convince you to send them money upfront. It's a SCAM !! All they want is the upfront money. Anyone can create a website and use a drop box for their mail. NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can cancel your contract especially one from Mexico. They are notorious for their scams. You have a better chance of winning the Nigerian lottery.

Don P.
Jul 10, 2022

Agree. Never pay anyone upfront to help you get rid of your timeshare. However, you can easily cancel a Mexico timeshare as Mexico does not sell timeshares but vacation clubs. First, they should not have your social security number. Regardless. they cannot affect your credit rating. There is nothing they can do if you cancel.

W. R.
Feb 24, 2023

Don't be fooled, there is no such thing as an alternative market for buying or selling timeshares.

Most of the companies that operate in the market are a scam, first they approach you saying they have a potential client and then ask you for money to make some payments on behalf of the owner, and from there they try to get money from the person interested in selling with excuses. Most companies that sell timeshares are established in Mexico, that is why the United States law cannot do much about the legal issue, it is best to contact an established Mexican company that is dedicated to canceling timeshares, NOT to buy, that does not exist.

You have to be very careful with the type of companies in Mexico, since there are many that are also scams, most of the companies that offer purchase or cancellation services in Mexico ask for money for various reasons, the main one is to request money to update the debts that you have with the company that contracted the timeshare, then they ask some more for to do the timeshare session, they say they have direct agreements with the hotels, which is a lie.

They ask for money to cover the taxes generated by the transfers from the USA to Mexico, BEWARE the Mexican government cannot collect taxes from the person who sends the money, that is out of the law, the Mexican government cannot collect money from citizens of other countries for making money transfers to Mexico. The Mexican government charges the person or company that receives the money, if the company tries to charge you taxes after you have already paid an initial amount, it is surely a fraud.

No mexican government agency can request a payment of a person living in another country if this person doesn’t have any bank accounts in the country, it is very easy for dishonest companies to create false documents using government logos to extort money from their customers. Unfortunately, the United States government cannot do much because these companies operate outside of the US territory, however, there are legitimate companies in Mexico that are dedicated to advising people who want to cancel timeshares.

To find out if a company is legitimate and not a fraud, you must request:

1. Proof of updated tax situation, generally for the month in which it is requested. This proof is issued by the Tax Administration Secretariat (IRS in Mexico).

2. POSITIVE compliance opinion, is a report issued by the Tax Administration Secretariat (IRS) that allows you to instantly consult the situation of compliance with your tax obligations at the time of the consultation date.

3. Professional license of the company's litigating lawyer, the professional license is the document in which the Mexican government certifies that a person completed their studies and has the knowledge to legally practice their profession, technical specialty or postgraduate degree. This document allows the professional to prove their knowledge and practice their profession.

4. Constitutive act of the company is a mandatory document determined to legally establish the formation of an organization or business company, it has parameters that are considered essential for its preparation where all the general aspects of the company are stipulated.

This documents have a QR code, which can be easily verified. If you receive these documents, it is very important to verify that when you scan the QR code, the company data matches the documents that were sent to you, such as the name of the company, address, in which year it was founded, name of the litigating lawyer.

If the information contained in the documents does not match the information in the QR code, it is likely that you are dealing with fraud. It is very important before making any payment to verify at least these requirements issued by the Mexican government to companies.

If you need more information or help to cancel your timeshare we can help you, avoid fraud and loss of money.

I am Mario Martínez, I belong to Asesores JDX, a firm specialized in lawsuits against timeshare companies in Mexico. My personal email is martinezasesoresjdx@gmail.com, our Facebook is: Asesores JDX.

Mario M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.